NFL 2008

Maybe I was a pissed Pats fan at the time...needing the Ravens to loose. And I have no problem leaving Romo alone. But I stand by what I said... just tired of the hype, excuses, glorification, etc of Romo. He is only a good QB right now, until he proves / accomplishes more, this should stop. Bottom line, if he is as good as he is made out to be, then he needs to play better in that situation...in that game lastnite...regardless if the defense sucks or not.

IF the Queen had nuts...she'd be King.

You can't look at it like that. Even if he did rally the team...this is the kinda stuff you need to do over and again before you deserve the kinda hype Romo gets.

Maybe you would have won if Romo didn't throw that horrible INT...who knows? Maybe you would have won if Flacko did throw an INT...(atleast he didn't turn the ball over). You don't know what would have happened if the Boys D- held near the end, ensuing punts, plays, poss turnovers etc??? And its not like the Boys had the lead...when you have a lead then give up untimely TD.s, then you can play the hypo / what if game, only to a point. They were trailing for the last three quarters...you don't want to be in that position necessarily?

Thanks, nice loss Jets...now go out and beat Miami next week and I'll be even happier. Of course the Pats have to take care of the Bills to get in.

Didn't see the Jets game but it sounds like Mangini didn't have his best coaching game. Not going for it on 4th and a 1/2 yd on the 30th ranked defense's 2yd line? Feeley makes a 45 yd fg...only to have a delay of game 5 yd penalty. Instead of re-kicking...they chose to punt? I guess you could go either way on these decisions.

ACK has half the Pats offense, so I will lose

But surprisingly, Welker is the only one who got me at least 20 points. Stupid Pats. I got one point from the AZ kicker.My tight ends suck. I have five players that didn't even exceed 10 points. I am ahead now, but I think you will end up winning.

But the Chargers won, and Denver lost!!! Amazingly, the Chargers could still win the AFC West, and we play Denver next week to see who gets it!! In San Diego!!!

Crazy

Well Mort you beat me this week 309.64 - 260.76 and won the championship, congratulations. Like I said yesterday, just about everyone on your roster scored a touchdown and the guys I was really counting on didn't come through for me this time. The King did not defend his title, there is a new champion in town! Granted I still have Forte to play, but there's no way he is going to score me 49 points plus whatever Donald Lee puts up.

To everyone who played this year and actually paid attention, thanks for playing! I hope you had fun and can't wait until next season.

And now, I'm going to go stick my dick in a blender, goodbye.

Oh and for the Peyton Manning for MVP haters (mainly Dakryn) who keep using that bullshit argument about how Peyton Manning's "numbers are down" this season, try this on for size:

Peyton Manning's Career averages through 2007:
341 comp, 541 att, 64.2%, 4163 yds, 31 tds, 15 int, 94.7 rating

Peyton Manning's Career averages without 1998 or 2004 (low/high):
351 comp, 542 att, 64.8%, 4166 yds, 29 tds, 14 int, 95.2 rating

Peyton Manning's 2008 stats:
364 comp, 548 att, 66.4%, 3907 yds, 26 tds, 12 int, 93.8 rating

Pretty interesting huh? Peyton Manning is having a pretty average Peyton Manning year, but overall is still having one of the best statistical seasons by a QB this year (let's not forget there is still one more game to play). So let me get this straight...

Stats: Check
In the playoffs: Check
Most important player on his team: Check
Single-handedly won numerous games: Check
Rebounded from circumstances out of his control (aka the two surgeries in the off-season that clearly messed him up): Check

Oh and Adrian Peterson just fumbled his way out of the conversation btw. Manning is the only one left standing tbh. Why shouldn't he be MVP again?

Oh and for the Peyton Manning for MVP haters (mainly Dakryn) who keep using that bullshit argument about how Peyton Manning's "numbers are down" this season, try this on for size:

Find where I said "his numbers are down". Statements like this is why I can't take what you say seriously, because you clearly don't read what I typed.

Peyton Manning's Career averages through 2007:[/B]
341 comp, 541 att, 64.2%, 4163 yds, 31 tds, 15 int, 94.7 rating

Peyton Manning's Career averages without 1998 or 2004 (low/high):
351 comp, 542 att, 64.8%, 4166 yds, 29 tds, 14 int, 95.2 rating

Peyton Manning's 2008 stats:
364 comp, 548 att, 66.4%, 3907 yds, 26 tds, 12 int, 93.8 rating

Pretty interesting huh? Peyton Manning is having a pretty average Peyton Manning year, but overall is still having one of the best statistical seasons by a QB this year (let's not forget there is still one more game to play). So let me get this straight...

Stats: Check
In the playoffs: Check
Most important player on his team: Check
Single-handedly won numerous games: Check

Rebounded from circumstances out of his control (aka the two surgeries in the off-season that clearly messed him up): Check

Oh and Adrian Peterson just fumbled his way out of the conversation btw. Manning is the only one left standing tbh. Why shouldn't he be MVP again?

Statements like these too.

I don't see how one game negates Peterson, especially when he is going to finish probably just shy of 2,000 yards from scrimmage despite having to play for a team that went through the Tavaris-Gus-Tavaris thing.

Of course I read what you type, but you have not given me a legitimate reaso as to why Peyton shouldn't be the MVP. I've read and re-read just about everything you've said and all you do is basically counter my argument with "nuh-uh Romo did is just as important as Manning, romo's stats are just as good as Manning's, Romo this, Romo that." So excuse me while you haven't exactly persuaded me to think otherwise.

I'll do you one better and show you what I'm talking about.

Well if we want to go with favorite team bias I could argue the Cowboys would be 1-13 right now without Romo. Romo makes a much more logical candidate for MVP than Peyton does ( not that I think Romo should be MVP either). I would go with Peterson.

Btw that was 10th in Quarterback rating for Peyton(actually the stats didn't update with the game, but then again we haven't seen what other QBs do in Week 16. He is now 7th before anyone else plays), and even with Romo missing some games due to injury, playing injured, and not having played for week 16, he is beating Peyton in most categories.

Oh yeah, kudos to a championship defensive effort by the Colts D :rolleyes:

This is true, however if you look at the Cowboys offensive dip between Romo playing this year and not playing, PLUS the fact that he is STILL beating Peyton in a lot of areas despite missing games/playing with an injury on his throwing hand, there is a much better case for Romo than Peyton.

@ KD : Note that I said I didn't believe Romo deserved in MVP either but he deserved it more than Peyton. Pay attention instead of slobbering all over yourself trying while trying to find all the different ways to type "P3YTON izah footb4ll GAWD!!!1!"

I am only bashing the Colts to bring them down off of the rediculous pedestal you put them on. I like Peyton. The comment on their defense was pointing out how bad their D looked against a very subpar team. Not exactly playing like a D that intends to go deep in the postseason.

Romo hasn't done a single thing this season to be considered huh? Apparently the only Cowboys game you watched was the Pittsburgh one, and considering he was still playing with a injury to his throwing hand in 7 degree weather against the #1 defense he played pretty good for 3 quarters.

To play the "the majority here" card for Manning is disappointing. I am not saying Peyton isn't a great QB, he has had a good year and he is a HoF QB without a doubt. What he is not, is legit MVP candidate for this year.

Your insistance on fellating Peyton to MVP worthiness for the 2008 season is my basis for this, and as far as D goes: 2008 is not 2006. Peyton getting the MVP would be more unjust than Eli making it to the Pro Bowl this year.

I would wait to count the Cowboys out until after the Baltimore game. They are much hotter right now than any other NFC team except Carolina and maybe Atlanta/Philly.

Please show me where in any of these quotes you have actually provided a good argument as to why Manning shouldn't be the MVP because I don't see it.