NFL 2008

Mathiäs;7922233 said:
LOL Philly fucking annihilated the Cowboys today. I thought they'd win but not like that. Also, the Jets experienced example 1 of why the Packers got rid of Favre

6-10

Ugh as usual the Bears can't do anything right..all we needed to do was win..MN wins ok, we can still get in if we win and Dallas and Tampa Bay both lose...ugh..of course they both lose and so do we.. kill me. Another game with a shit defense with no pressure on the QB. Giving up around 450 yds of offense..in a must win game. The WR were nowhere to be found again..

I was hoping the Packers would lose against Detroit...

and no matter how much the NFL wants to shove him down our throats, Romo proves yet again he can't win big games. Granted it wasn't all his fault they got killed but he had a big part in it.

Well, good job Brees - going for the record instead of the win, wtf. Oh well, next year is going to suck since the NFC South curse has been officially broken by the Panthers.

It's 3 years in a row the Cowboys have blown it in their last games. It hurts and makes me feel depressed just like last year, but this is a shame a team with such talent can't even make the playoffs. The problem is a lack of team chemistry, and way too many miscomunications this late in the year. I honestly believed had Dallas won today they could've rolled on to win the Super Bowl, they beat the best team in the NFC in the Giants anyways, they could've beaten anyone in the NFL. I believe Tony Romo is a great quarterback even though he can't seem to get it done when it's go time, just look at his stats, great numbers. Romo is who Dallas needs at QB, they'd be best off drafting a top WR like Michael Crabtree, somone with just as much talent and speed as TO but doesn't drop the ball as much. Dallas needs someone to motivate them and can help bring greater team chemistry.
For my NFC Predictions, the Giants and Cardinals aren't making the Super Bowl, it'll come down to the Vikings, Panthers, and Falcons, I pick the Panthers to win the NFC.

chargers.gif

Yeah, that just happened!!!!

Im totally fine with what the Bears accomplished this year. They werent a playoff caliber team.
They need a new O coordinator.
A big play WR.
A cornerback that isnt retarded.
A saftey.
maybe even a new Defensive scheme. The amount of yards they gave up this year was just stupid.

I've havent been this happy since New England lost the Superbowl. Go Eagles!!! ahahahahahahahahahha :lol:

Going back on that whole "I don't want them to make the playoffs" thing?

Well, yeah, I said that, but I take it back! We got robbed by that call in our first game with Denver. So this game was perfect! You wanna win by a bad call? OK, go for it, and we'll take the division 52-21!!

Now it's SD vs the Colts!!! Should be a great game! Looking forward to it, and may the best team win.

It's 3 years in a row the Cowboys have blown it in their last games. It hurts and makes me feel depressed just like last year, but this is a shame a team with such talent can't even make the playoffs. The problem is a lack of team chemistry, and way too many miscomunications this late in the year. I honestly believed had Dallas won today they could've rolled on to win the Super Bowl, they beat the best team in the NFC in the Giants anyways, they could've beaten anyone in the NFL. I believe Tony Romo is a great quarterback even though he can't seem to get it done when it's go time, just look at his stats, great numbers. Romo is who Dallas needs at QB, they'd be best off drafting a top WR like Michael Crabtree, somone with just as much talent and speed as TO but doesn't drop the ball as much. Dallas needs someone to motivate them and can help bring greater team chemistry.
For my NFC Predictions, the Giants and Cardinals aren't making the Super Bowl, it'll come down to the Vikings, Panthers, and Falcons, I pick the Panthers to win the NFC.
They don't need wide receivers. They don't need a new quarterback. The talent is there. They need a coaching staff that isn't going to coddle the players. They need a coaching staff that is going to meld the egos on the team into a cohesive units. They need a coaching staff that draws plays up that make the most of the talent. They need a coaching staff that is going to instill discipline and caution into Romo. They need a coaching staff that is going to run tackle drills and route running/catching drills until the players can do the fundamentals in their sleep. They need a coaching staff that is going to instill discipline in the entire team so as to cut down on the stupid penalties.

They need a new damn coaching staff.

That's all this team needs. They have 3 extremely solid running backs, two stellar wide receivers and a third that is solid, 2 solid corners and one that's decent, a great D line, a good O line, and a great quarterback. They have the talent.

To borrow a line from The Greatest Coach Ever...
WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!!!
WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!!!
Then perhaps we can finally have a conversation with this guy...

Sometimes you have to just laugh to keep from throwing things through the tv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im totally fine with what the Bears accomplished this year. They werent a playoff caliber team.
They need a new O coordinator.
A big play WR.
A cornerback that isnt retarded.
A saftey.
maybe even a new Defensive scheme. The amount of yards they gave up this year was just stupid.
Come on now, are you seriously disappointed with Ron Turner when the Bears receiving corps was so terrible? Orton sucks too. Having a sore ankle doesn't make the QB throw it right at the other team's linebackers. Compare Orton's career stats to Grossman's if you don't believe me. The difference is marginal. Orton offers a bit more security, but he's shit at completing passes downfield, which Grossman was actually capable of. The offense was still ok, more or less. The lousy pass rush cost the team all year long. I had these guys at 3-5 wins before the year, not realizing that the historically bad Lions would give them two wins, and not realizing that Matt Forte would be so strong of a player. The offensive line was even passable. The defense just is full of bad, old, hurt players, who are far from the 2006 level. Sadly, after drafting a WR in round 1 or 2, they need to stock up on defense again.

yes, Ron Turner is crap. no movement in the offense. horrible play calling. never using Hester other than going out for a pass. Never using Wolfe. Running it with Mckee instead of Forte when it counts. He is bad.

I doubt they draft a receiver. They will pick one up in free agency.
Orton is 10x better than Rex. Even without Berrian and Muhammad.

and the D is pure crap, I'll give ya that.

They don't need wide receivers. They don't need a new quarterback. The talent is there. They need a coaching staff that isn't going to coddle the players. They need a coaching staff that is going to meld the egos on the team into a cohesive units. They need a coaching staff that draws plays up that make the most of the talent. They need a coaching staff that is going to instill discipline and caution into Romo. They need a coaching staff that is going to run tackle drills and route running/catching drills until the players can do the fundamentals in their sleep. They need a coaching staff that is going to instill discipline in the entire team so as to cut down on the stupid penalties.

They need a new damn coaching staff.

That's all this team needs. They have 3 extremely solid running backs, two stellar wide receivers and a third that is solid, 2 solid corners and one that's decent, a great D line, a good O line, and a great quarterback. They have the talent.
I agree with the coaching staff comment but Wade Philipps and Jason Garrett need to stay. And Patrick Crayton was better than Roy Williams in receiving this year, to me it's more like we have 3 stellar wide receivers. Getting Roy Williams may not have been worth it, I'm not sold on him yet, but time wll tell.