NFL 2008

The Good. Congrats Fins...helluva turn-around.

The Bad. Favre and the Jets...horrible down the stretch. Thanks for nothing yesterday...(Jags as well).

The Ugly. Cowboys...nice blowout loss yesterday. Whats even funnier, only 9-7 and looking back at it...thier schedule was fairly easy.

My Pats go 4-0 in Dec. and playing fairly well at the right time. Go 11-5 and miss-out...sucks really bad. Even you haters must admit after all the injuries and such...a gutsy run in the end. The season as a whole...was more than expected from this team. Unlike some of these other teams that really faded and simply sucked down the stretch.

These playoffs are wide open...should be fun, enjoy!

Look, any time that the opposing team's middle linebacker is calling out your plays, or the opposing team has all of your hot reads down by the 2nd quarter (as was the case the last 2 weeks) coaching is a major problem. I'm not sure what you think is going on, but Jerry Jones doesn't call plays or practices. He's the GM... he makes personnel and staff decisions, but he doesn't run practices. The bottom line is that, regardless of exactly where they stand, there is no way we should be 9-7 with the talent on our roster. All you can ask the GM to do is assemble the talent needed to win. From there, it's the coach's problem.
The only things I blame Jerry for are Pac-Man (not for the distraction, but his horribly incompetent play) and not getting a back-up QB. Other than that, this team has plenty of talent.

Regardless, I don't think Wade will be gone, any ways... So I guess that doesn't matter, just another mediocre season waiting next year. I do however think Garrett will be gone. I think Garrett could be great later on in his career, but I really don't think he's the answer at OC right now for us.

What talent are you even talking about? The Cowboys are not loaded with talent like you may think. There's 5 or 6 good players on that team, the rest are completely overrated and overhyped, like every receiver on the roster and 99% of the defense minus Demarcus Ware. The Cowboys' fanbase and the ballwashing media is doing nothing but setting that team up for failure by stroking their egos claiming how great they are when they have not proven anything. Nothing they have done this year or even last year has given me or anyone with a functioning brain any reason to believe that the Cowboys are good enough to do anything noteworthy except choke on a big dick when it's crunch time.

No, it's an owner issue, not a coaching issue. That dipshit Jerry Jones is the one who brought all of these hacks in in the first place and he lets them do whatever they want.
yep.
just because you can spend tons of money doesnt mean you're gonna win. Owens is a disease on any team. Roy Williams is almost as bad. Pacman is as bad..... it goes on and on. :lol:

personally, Im glad they are morons. :headbang:

If you don't see the talent the Cowboys have then you're dumb.
Romo is a good QB
Barber is a great RB and Choice and Jones are both very good
Owens is still a top flight receiver
Williams can be as well
Witten is the best TE in football
The O-Line when healthy is top 10
Jay Ratliff is a Pro Bowl DT
James, Ellis, Thomas, and Ware are an outstanding LB corps
Newman is a pro bowl caliber CB
Henry, Jenkins, and Scandrick are all good CBs
Hamlin was a deserving Pro Bowler last year.
I mean, wtf are you talking about? Saying the Cowboys don't have playoff caliber talent is just stupid.

yep.
just because you can spend tons of money doesnt mean you're gonna win. Owens is a disease on any team. Roy Williams is almost as bad. Pacman is as bad..... it goes on and on. :lol:

personally, Im glad they are morons. :headbang:

Well, considering there's a salary cap, it's not like they just spend more than everyone.
TO can go, I don't care about him... though I'd like to see him stay because I think the distractions are overrated and sensationalist, and he can still be a major weapon on offense.
Also, you had Romo complain about the scheme yesterday, too... you think that might be because the OC is actually fucking up?

My opinion of Jason Garrett has seriously diminished the last couple of weeks. He's been atrocious and the offense has proven to be far too simplistic. He still has potential to be a quality coach, but we need to bring someone else in, because he's obviously not ready to be yet.

Romo needs to improve his game. When he's on, he's on, but he's also very inconsistent, like Roethlisberger. They can both win you a game, but they also lose a couple.

Big ben is an underrated QB imo, I see his reciveres drop perfect passes more often then when i see him throw a complete dud, and he's great at escaping the sack despite his piss poor O-line

If you don't see the talent the Cowboys have then you're dumb.

No I see the talent, just not the amount you do apparently. Allow me to explain.

Romo is a good QB

Oh really? Good as in how? What has he ever done to be worthy of the title "good." He had one good season, REGULAR SEASON, last year earning the #1 seed and how did that end up? It ended up with his "top 10" o-line allowing the Giants d-line to assrape him without lube and him throwing a pick in the endzone. Good indeed.

Barber is a great RB and Choice and Jones are both very good

Barber is good, yes I agree. But you can't assume that both Choice and Jones are "good" because Choice had a couple good games and Jones did almost nothing this season. Oh and did I mention they are both rookies? Yeah...

Owens is still a top flight receiver

No, he isn't.

Williams can be as well

And where did you come up with this? Roy Williams is completely unproven just like the rest of the Cowboys. Anyone can be something, but is he? No, no he isn't.

Witten is the best TE in football

He's definitely top 3 for sure.

The O-Line when healthy is top 10

Top 10 in what exactly? And whenever you decide to come up with what they are top 10 in, proof?

Jay Ratliff is a Pro Bowl DT

The pro bowl title is completely irrelevant. Jay Cutler and Brett Favre made the pro bowl this year. However, I'm not going to claim Ratliff isn't good because I don't know much about him.

James, Ellis, Thomas, and Ware are an outstanding LB corps

James and Ware yes, Ellis and Thomas are old and washed up.

Newman is a pro bowl caliber CB

Refer to above. Besides, these "pro bowl" players seemed to be MIA these last few weeks.

Henry, Jenkins, and Scandrick are all good CBs

Time will tell.

Hamlin was a deserving Pro Bowler last year.

:lol: Oh god.

I mean, wtf are you talking about? Saying the Cowboys don't have playoff caliber talent is just stupid.

Like I said, 5-6 good players. Witten, Barber, Ware, James, and maybe Newman and Romo if he decides to stop sucking in crunch time. The rest of the team is not as good as you are claiming. If this team was so great, they wouldn't be 9-7 and out of the playoffs. They wouldn't have been completely blown out by the most up and down team this season in the Eagles. They wouldn't have been humiliated by the Ravens of all teams in the last game ever in Texas Stadium.

Like I said, 5-6 good players. Witten, Barber, Ware, James, and maybe Newman and Romo if he decides to stop sucking in crunch time. The rest of the team is not as good as you are claiming. If this team was so great, they wouldn't be 9-7 and out of the playoffs. They wouldn't have been completely blown out by the most up and down team this season in the Eagles. They wouldn't have been humiliated by the Ravens of all teams in the last game ever in Texas Stadium.
Are we sitting here making excuses about those losses? No. We're saying that the talent is there, the tools are there, they're just not being used to their full effectiveness. This isn't a team, it's a loose collection of players. That seems to be the coach's fault, to me. The sloppy, uninspired play, the stupid decisions... I've already ranted about this. The Cowboys have a horrible, horrible head coach. Period. His uncaring, laid back, emotionless style infects the players. They have no fire, because he has no fire. The team is dependent on the defense or Barber to give it fire. The Thanksgiving game, for example... the defense got fired up, and that spread to the whole team. But you can't wait on big plays from your defense to get the competitive fire, you have to come out of the gate with it, and that will never happen with Phillips. Every single major problem on this team can be fixed with a coaching change. Read my earlier post. Individual talent means fuck all when there's no cohesiveness as a unit.

On a side note, I want to throw some love and respect out to two teams real fast. Despite the many problems they've had to overcome all season long, and despite the fact that they both had the toughest schedules in the league this season, both of these teams are in the playoffs, and have a good chance to win the Super Bowl this season (assuming one of the QBs will be ok). My lovin is going out to the Steelers and the Colts. Their strength of schedule was basically identical (.598 opponent winning %, 153-103 wins-losses for opponents for the Steelers and .594, 152-104 for the Colts) and they both hold the second best record in the league this season (obviously tied with a few others).

And for anyone who is interested, here's the list in order. Asterisk next to their name means they are in the playoffs.

1. Steelers*
2. Colts*
3. Jaguars
4. Vikings*
5. Ravens*
6. Titans*
7. Bengals
8. Texans
9. Browns
10. Lions
11. Bears
12. Packers
13. Redskins
14. Cowboys
15. Eagles*
16. Giants*
17. Rams
18. 49ers
19. Seahawks
20. Bucs
21. Falcons*
22. Cardinals*
23. Dolphins*
24. Panthers*
25. Jets
26. Chiefs
27. Bills
28. Saints
29. Broncos
30. Raiders

These last two made me laugh for a few reasons. First off, the 31st team made the playoffs, however they ended their season 8-8 with the second easiest schedule in the fucking league. How sad. Yes of course, I'm talking about the Chargers. God I hope the Colts rape them come saturday.

And then there is of course, the Patriots bringing up the rear. Thank god the missed the playoffs. I would have been so angry if they made the playoffs without Brady and with a cupcake schedule.