NFL 2008

I think everyone should agree with that. I've never liked that system, even when the team I want to win comes out on top. The other team should at least have a chance on offense, in my opinion.

Even in that case, I still can't imagine how it seems fair. One team has a chance to score, the other doesn't. Obviously the 'fairness' lies in the coin toss, but that's not enough for me. This is why the college system is different.

I suppose it's the way it is because if they played a whole quarter of overtime, that quarter could still end with the teams tied, and they don't want the game to go on and on like baseball with their extra innings.

I'm not talking about playing the full quarter (though that is an option). What I mean is merely to ensure that both teams have at least one chance to score. If both teams score the same amount of points or neither team scores, then it's still sudden death with the next score winning, and obviously if one team scores and the other doesn't, then the game is over.

They'll lose, but I don't know if they're going to get "raped." Go check out the records for rookie QBs on the road in the playoffs.. then check and see what that is with a rookie head coach, as well. Miami will hang with Baltimore, and I think there's a possibility they'll win.

Why the hell is everyone so damn confident that the Ravens will beat the Dolphins? Because they beat the Cowboys? The Colts beat the Titans even more impressively and look what happened to them. They lost to Pittsburgh twice, and in both games their offense severely underplayed. This is far from a fucking shoe-in.

It's a really fucking good matchup for the Ravens, not to mention they beat the Dolphins already this year 27-13. The Ravens are the perfect team for a rookie QB to win for on the road, too. They're one of those clock controlling uber defensive teams. It's possible that Flacco could just shit himself in Miami but I don't see it happening.

Just like you saw us in the Super Bowl?
By the way, the Falcons were one of those teams, too. Then they lost to an Arizona team that's not even as good as Miami. The Baltimore offense is BAD and Miami specializes in not turning the ball over, which is going to force Baltimore's offense to drive the field... In fact the more I think about this match-up, the more I like the Dolphins.