NFL 2008

I think it'll be a close, entertaining game. Looking forward to it. Minny/Philly will probably be close, but has the potential to be an ugly, badly played, badly coached game. Those teams are not real good.

The NFL should think about revamping overtime. If there was an easy answer, they would have gone with it. Maybe play a shorter period to completion. Although anything less than 10 minutes invites the first team to milk the clock down as much as possible, somewhat defeating the purpose of giving teams an equal chance. The college system would seem too gimmicky for the NFL, with every possession beginning in easy field goal range. If the defense forced a turnover, you could line up for an easy kick on the first snap. Maybe starting at midfield in untimed alternating possessions would work.

:lol: @ Colts. The Chargers apparently do have their number.

Edit: As far as OT goes, I really don't have a problem with it the way it is. Both teams had aaalllll game to put it away and neither did. And your defense still can stop the team who gets the ball first.
If [your] team couldn't win the game in regulation and then loses the flip and can't stop the opponent from marching down the field and scoring, then you didn't deserve to win.

Welp, I woke up this morning with a really bad sore throat and a headache from hell. It didn't really surprise me that Scifres decided to play up to his ability finally because it always seems like he shoots up with a mixture of crack and steroids anytime he plays the Colts. Having such shitty field position throughout the entire game basically kicked the Colts in the nuts. Toss in those retarded defensive holding penalties in OT and you have the makings for a good upset. I liked that stat NBC showed comparing penalties called in the fourth quarter, I think it was what, 8-3 in favor of the Chargers? Awesome. Especially considering I saw an insane amount of holding penalties on Freeney and Mathis all night, but yet the head referee who stands directly behind the line of the scrimmage on the offensive side didn't see a single one? Riiiiiiight. Oh well, I knew it'd be a close game because the Colts like to allow overrated teams like the Chargers in games late so they can get out-lucked but what are you going to do. I just wish the Chargers would stop sucking so much dick and decide to beat someone else for a change.

Unreal.

fuck the vikings go eagles. tbh i'm not even sure how the vikings made the playoffs, they have peterson but thats not enough to carry a team.

@ KING D.

One and done for Mr. MVP...atleast now he has more time to make his commercials.

On the Brady / Manning stuff...I'd rather not go over this stuff again...but whatever?

The difference is, unlike you...I can recognize, appreciate and see Manning for what he is, as much as I hate him and his team. For whatever reason you can't do this with Brady. At times you make it sound as if Brady has done nothing in the NFL. The fact is everyone knows he has been one of the best QB's in the NFL for some time. Both Manning (who has had the much better receivers of the years) and Brady have benefited from good situations, coaches, teams etc, not just Brady as you think. Put out all the stats, records and stuff you want...you lose all credibility when you say things like "Brady can't hold Peytons jock"..."Brady basically had 3-rings handed to him, all he needed to do was not fuck it up"..."Brady benefited from great teams"...really? Yeah that Pats team that was 14 point underdogs to the Rams in 01' was real great. Brady had no input and wasn't a factor at all in those big games, right? Give me a break.

The one thing I do know is your boy Peyton, as much as he is worshipped and adored, is simply overrated as a big game / playoff performer. I've seen him enough to know so save your stats, cause you only use them when it benefits your guy and they don't always tell the story in winning anyways. Peyton has been both good and horrible at times in the playoffs...that about makes him average, not great. I'll take the stats that matter (playoffs) , 14-3 / 26td 12int over 7-7 / 21td 17int any day.

How 'bout dem Ravens?

Good thing you didn't bet, seed.

Don't worry, I wasn't touching that game with a ten foot pole, either way. Didn't expect them to turn the ball over like that.

Where's your sig and avatar, KD?

Oh, and fuck you, Val. I hope to god Minnesota wins this game. I hate the Eagles so fucking bad.
Great, Tavaris pick 6... I mean, who saw that coming?

@ KING D.

One and done for Mr. MVP...atleast now he has more time to make his commercials.

On the Brady / Manning stuff...I'd rather not go over this stuff again...but whatever?

The difference is, unlike you...I can recognize, appreciate and see Manning for what he is, as much as I hate him and his team. For whatever reason you can't do this with Brady. At times you make it sound as if Brady has done nothing in the NFL. The fact is everyone knows he has been one of the best QB's in the NFL for some time. Both Manning (who has had the much better receivers of the years) and Brady have benefited from good situations, coaches, teams etc, not just Brady as you think. Put out all the stats, records and stuff you want...you lose all credibility when you say things like "Brady can't hold Peytons jock"..."Brady basically had 3-rings handed to him, all he needed to do was not fuck it up"..."Brady benefited from great teams"...really? Yeah that Pats team that was 14 point underdogs to the Rams in 01' was real great. Brady had no input and wasn't a factor at all in those big games, right? Give me a break.

The one thing I do know is your boy Peyton, as much as he is worshipped and adored, is simply overrated as a big game / playoff performer. I've seen him enough to know so save your stats, cause you only use them when it benefits your guy and they don't always tell the story in winning anyways. Peyton has been both good and horrible at times in the playoffs...that about makes him average, not great. I'll take the stats that matter (playoffs) , 14-3 / 26td 12int over 7-7 / 21td 17int any day.

And Marino was a shitty quarterback because he didn't play his best in the playoffs, right?

And comparing the system that Manning stepped into when he was drafted with the scenario in which Brady was gifted as the starting QB in a solid playoff run on a rising team is absurd. Not to mention the fact that the Patriots were caught filming other teams' warmups and it's likely that they've been doing this the entire time. Brady had possibly the single coziest position a quarterback was ever dropped into. Yes, he is an excellent quarterback, but he would not have 3 Super Bowl rings if he wasn't on the Patriots. Unlike the Colts, the Patriots are a single unit, a cohesive structure well-coached and well-stocked with players on all fronts. The Colts, very frequently, have to rely singularly on Manning. How many times has Brady had all the burden on his shoulders?

Let's put it this way: to begin with, there's a reason it was the Colts who drafted him as the number 1 pick, and it wasn't because they traded up. Furthermore, Peyton Manning is a HUGE reason for accounting for the managerial turnaround of the team itself. Manning is a lot more than just a quarterback for the Colts.