NFL 2008

I read TMQ pretty regularly and the writer for that column is a huge critic of the bitchy coaching in the NFL today. Like not going for it on 4th and 1/inches/short situations, especially in once across the 50. If we saw more aggressive coaching I think we would see less ties in the NFL.

No more "4th and 1 on the opponent 43, here comes the punt team" would be great.

How old is Manning? I hope he plays a long time, and wins more Superbowls so he can be on SNL. He's funny!

I think Rivers also has a good career ahead of him. I don't think he'll ever be thought of like P. Manning or Brady (or Marino or Elway), but I think he will be respected.

Or that there are more fans of New York teams. People vote for the players on the teams they support, what a total mindfuck.

Indianapolis Colts = Atlanta Braves of the 90s

The best overtime rules for the NFL would be a type of “equal possession” rule. That way both teams get the ball. For example: team A wins the coin toss and ends up scoring a field goal on their first drive. Team A then kicks off to team B. Team B returns the kick for a TD. Game over, Team B wins. Another rule would be after both teams had two possessions, they must go for a 2 point conversion if a TD is scored. That way there is a natural flow of the game unlike the college overtime.

Exactly. By surviving and forcing OT each team deserves and has earned an "equal possession" format...obviously something similar to College. This would still most likely lead to a fairly quick and fair finish. No way they can go with 5th and 6th qtr stuff...unless you want to see guys carted off the field.

I've never seen so much bitching about the OT rule in my life. Each team has 4 quarters to put the other team away. if a team needs more time then an equal chance force(coin flip) should be used to help one team finish things off. Defense wins championships, if your defense cant play in OT then get the fuck out