NFL 2008

Why is it whenever I have a problem with something I am bitching and whining instead of just stating my opinion? I don't get it. I can't say anything without it being considered biased, whining, bitching, or an excuse. It's getting pretty old guys. It's ok to voice your opinion or disagree with me, but the second I open my mouth it's all bad. I don't know what perception you have of me, but I consider myself a very unbiased person 95% of the time. Of course when it comes to the Colts I'm going to side with them more, but still, if we were debating something like who has a better running back, then clearly I'm going to side with the Chargers...

Its all good man...I understand it being a tough loss and thinking what may have been for the Colts.

There is however a fine line in certain situations between an opinion and or bitch'n, moaning, making excuses. We've all been there and done it to certain levels. People can do it and I have no problem with it...but its going to result in people backfiring right back at you. Believe me, as much as I can take solice in a 11-5 Pats team hit with some bad circumstances. There were still games that I was pissed, felt they could've won and had some bad calls, etc. The bullshit calls are part of the game...the human element good or bad.

The way I look at the ref's and bad calls...if you are a good team, a favorite to win, then you should'nt allow the game to be close and allow bad callS to make the difference. If this happens and I know it does and it can make for an uphill battle for your team...you still kinda have to live with it, fair or unfair?

The way I look at the ref's and bad calls...if you are a good team, a favorite to win, then you should'nt allow the game to be close and allow bad callS to make the difference. If this happens and I know it does and it can make for an uphill battle for your team...you still kinda have to live with it, fair or unfair?

Yeah, this is basically what I had to convince myself of after the Denver/SD game in week 2.

I would say our defense is going to DOMINATE next year, the question is the O-Line and our offensive scheme.

I would project 11-5 and conference championship loss to the Panthers.

Yeah, they'll dominate for sure... just like they dominated the Ravens and the Eagles... They still don't have a strong safety, they're about to have giant holes at MLB and DE, and will lose 8 sacks when Greg Ellis leaves, they're still poorly coached and will still have poor preparation. Their defense will be the exact same as it was this year.

Let's not forget that you have to include a 1-3 at best December in whatever projection you give.

What hole at DE? and I think Spencer will be able to replace Ellis at this point. As far as the hole left by Thomas, we'll see.
You are also acting like nothing is going to change during the draft/free agency.

My biggest concern isn't personnel, its the preparation. Someone has to light a fire this offseason.

Well, I'm gonna go on a limb and say Wade isn't going to "light a fire." Though, he could drool on himself, and run into a few walls.
Chris Canty is a free agent unlikely to be resigned.
And Spencer can replace Ellis? How many sacks did Spencer have last year? When was the last time Spencer played a full season without injury?
We might get someone through free agency, but the bottom line is, how much better can we get in terms of talent? We don't even have half of our draft, so don't look for much impact there. This team is just treading water until a new coaching staff is hired. Seeing as how that won't happen this year, let's go ahead and say 13 years since our last playoff win.