NFL 2012

Is it as low as Romo's in the 4th quarter? Didn't think so.

You mean the guy with the highest 4th quarter QBR in the NFL amongst active QBs? If you actually watched the game last night you would have seen that little tidbit on the screen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/498353-the-top-10-reasons-tony-romo-is-not-overrated-and-may-actually-be-underrated

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/979394-why-2011-nfl-season-is-exposing-dallas-cowboys-rob-ryan-as-a-fraud

Andy has his flaws and I do think its time for a change in Philly, but I would certainly rather have Reid than the parade of clowns that have marched through Dallas in that time.

Chan Gaily, Dave Campo, Bill Parcells, Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett. Yeah I'm green with envy :dopey:

I hope you're old enough to remember the Jimmy Johnson years, because if Parcells wasn't able to right the ship, no one will. That dope owner of yours will just pulling Roy Williams and Joey Galloway moves and constantly throw the team under the bus.

Don't think I don't know Jerry Jones is the core problem with the franchise. No quality coach wants an owner like that. I would love to see Cowher on the sidelines but he would never work for Jerry. Parcells was righting the ship but got burnt out with coaching.

crimsonfloyd, you're way off on this one. There was no "choke" in this game. And as Dakryn said, Parcells was well on his way to 'righting' that franchise before he decided that he'd had enough with coaching. Maybe Dallas just needs a coach of that caliber and stature to keep the team in line and focused.

crimsonfloyd, you're way off on this one. There was no "choke" in this game. And as Dakryn said, Parcells was well on his way to 'righting' that franchise before he decided that he'd had enough with coaching. Maybe Dallas just needs a coach of that caliber and stature to keep the team in line and focused.

Honestly, I was just baiting Overwatch, because he's always willing to bite. Even when I blamed Romo for the missed field goal :D Its just cuz he's a Cowboys fan. Romo actually had a good game, though I do think he could have avoided the safety. But otherwise, both quarterbacks put on a show.

I think Harrison will probably get suspended for this repeat offense. He had so many helmets to helmets last year and he clearly led with his helmet on this play. Goodell will be eager to make an example of him and suspend him without pay for a game.

Called it. Obviously, Goodell wanted to make an example of Harrison. I don't think it was worthy of a suspension, but you just knew Goodell was gonna jump on this. He needs to make it look like the league is being super strict on concussions so that they can win lawsuits against brain damaged players in the future.

As I said, there's no way he gets suspended justifiably. A player that has not had a personal foul in 16 games gets a one game suspension when a player that has punched two people and been ejected from games I believe within 16 games of each other only receives a $5000 bigger fine for the second offense. That same player has also been fined 2 other times already this season. Nonsense, but it's not something I can control, so there's no reason to spew any more verbiage over it. The good thing is that Woodley is expected to play, and Worilds has played well in place of Woodley. Woodley on the left and Worilds on the right should be just fine, I think, especially since Worilds is the future as it is. Unfortunately, Troy Polamalu is questionable to play after tweaking his hamstring trying to wrecklessly return his first interception of the season. Obviously Ben and Pouncey are questionable as well, but I'm not too pessimistic about their chances. After everything was said and done, they only suffered grade 1 high ankle sprains. Pouncey's was the same ankle injured in the AFC championship game, and the injury heals faster the second time. It was also not as severe an injury as that one. Ben is in worse shape, but he does not need to be as close to 100% as Pouncey does to comfortably do his job. Emmanuel Sanders looks to return to play as well, which would make Ben's job that much easier having 3 speedy targets running around the field. It should be a good game either way.

The sad thing is Dallas has had secondary issues since Woodsen retired. And it's not like they haven't made the effort to draft DBs in the last 10 years, it's just that they aren't panning out. Newman has been solid but he is old and slow now. Jenkins is the only solid starting corner now and he can't stay healthy. Scandrick isn't anything more than a nickel CB. Sensabaugh is decent. Elam I have no idea. It's hard to judge safeties that are constantly being asked to play man.

I'm looking at the draft already and the 4 areas Dallas badly needs to address are OG, DE, MLB, CB/S. None of those positions are "sexy", but Dallas has no reason to spend any picks on any offensive skill positions except maybe toss one at quarterback depth/development. Of course, Jones has Al Davis like tendencies when it comes to drafting, so who knows.

I have been given the impression that this is supposed to be a deep draft for safeties, which I'm hoping the Steelers also take advantage of. Their starters are 30+ and their backups are certainly not Pro Bowlers. For once I'm actually content with their CB depth, although if they could somehow manage to snag a front end player at the position I think they should jump on it, because Ike Taylor isn't getting any younger and I don't think there's a player on the roster that has the potential to be as good as him. I think they have plenty of guys that could rise to a #2 (Lewis, Brown, Allen), but will any of these guys be a Johnathan Joseph, Rashean Mathis, Carlos Rogers, Corey Webster, etc?

Never said Romo choked (if your implying) and I would put that loss mainly on the defense. But lead the offense there in the end...put it on yourselves...say screw you to your defense and go out and get a first down and seal the game. Romo will do some good things thoughout games...just feel he and his offensive mates who follow him seem to frequently tighten up in pressure moments. Brady and other great QB's have these same moments...its a normal thing. Overall, they tighten up a hell of a lot less than Romo and simply make more positive plays.

As stated, Romo didn't "tighten up" on three and out. Miles ran the wrong route and lost the ball in the lights. Romo read the defense made the correct call at the line, Miles just didn't hold his end up.

Great news, Peyton has been throwing the football around at practice. The likelihood of him playing this season is obviously naught, but this is still great news regardless. Even if he can't play anymore it's still nice to know that he's not debilatated from his injury and he'll be pretty much ok in the future. But the optimist in me sees this is a very good sign for the remaining few years in his NFL career.

Yeah, I saw that as well, good to read. I firmly believe he has at least another 2 or 3 years of high caliber play, even if/when the Colts draft Luck.

If I didn't go through and experience my own serious back situation...I'd probably wish for him to twist the wrong way one more time. Seriously, good news and I hope he can atleast live comfortably to start with. Prior to a surgery (or sometimes even after) there is no relief for nerve pain...and that sucks bigtime.