NFL 2012

No, no , no DAK. The point here is not super bowls or wins or stats but actual play on the field. The QB position as a leader, like a coach on the field is owned by Drew Brees.

In this case perception is reality!

Drew Brees is a general. Romo prays he can one day control and contribute to an offense the way Brees does.

The Cowboys under Romo had way more talent than what was available to the other quarterbacks you mentioned when they walked in the door. The second pass he ever threw was a touchdown to Terrell Owens, one of the best wide receivers in NFL history. Julius Jones and Marion Barber at RB, Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, and Miles Austin (as an unsung rookie) at WR, one of the better offensive lines in the league at the time, Chris Canty, Jay Ratliff, Marcus Spears, Jason Ferguson, DeMarcus Ware, Aaron Glenn, Anthony Henry, Terrence Newman, Greg Ellis...the talent differential is remarkable.

Is Romo throwing passes Ratliff? Ware? etc. I'm loling you even mentioned Jones, Crayton, or either Glenn. Obviously either A. The Cowboys weren't that talented (since they didn't win big), or they were a victim of Phillips, who has never had any postseason success. I am going to go with #2.

So the Cowboys as a team were more consistently talented and better coached than the Patriots/Giants/Eagles/Colts/Saints/Steelers etc. If only they had had Brady/Manning/Brees/Roflsberger/Manning#2/McNabb they would have won? Riiiiiight.

Edit: You are grasping at straws of perception JD. You have nothing concrete to back up your statement.

I corrected. 46-26. The fact that you thought 46-46 was accurate proves your skewed perspective and irrelevant opinions since you base them on, well, opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_wins_by_a_starting_quarterback_(NFL)

Seriously? You're just being a fucking asshole now. Shut the fuck up, you sound like an idiot and everybody is facepalming over the stupidity of what you're trying to defend here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt5PKysjVko&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Romo throwing passes Ratliff? Ware? etc. I'm loling you even mentioned Jones, Crayton, or either Glenn. Obviously either A. The Cowboys weren't that talented (since they didn't win big), or they were a victim of Phillips, who has never had any postseason success. I am going to go with #2.

So the Cowboys as a team were more consistently talented and better coached than the Patriots/Giants/Eagles/Colts/Saints/Steelers etc., if only they had had Brady/Manning/Brees/Roflsberger/Manning#2/McNabb they would have won? Riiiiiight.

Jones ran for 1000 yards in Romo's first year. And I was obviously talking about total team talent. The Saints and the Colts had much worse defenses than the Cowboys did in Manning's and Brady's first years. In other words, the Cowboys that Romo inherited were more talented. Which was my point. Romo isn't even consistent enough to be compared to other elite quarterbacks.

Jones ran for 1000 yards in Romo's first year. And I was obviously talking about total team talent. The Saints and the Colts had much worse defenses than the Cowboys did in Manning's and Brady's first years. In other words, the Cowboys that Romo inherited were more talented. Which was my point. Romo isn't even consistent enough to be compared to other elite quarterbacks.

We all know a 1000 yard back is nothing special anymore. Especially doing it only once. Your third sentence made no sense. You didn't address the quality of coaching. And "consistency" goes back to ambiguous ratings by perception.

Bill Parcells was his fucking coach when he came in dude. And I didn't even mention Jason Witten for fuck's sake. You're trying to attack Brees because his winning percentage is worse, but that's because he didn't come in right away with the team that the Saints are now. The Cowboys have had talented rosters surrounding Romo for pretty much his whole career. Coaching has hindered the team, yes, but Romo has, on numerous, numerous occasions, actively choked, at the most inopportune times, to cost his team, and elite players don't do that with anywhere near the regularity that Romo has. You really need to give up this argument.

How does "The Saints and the Colts had much worse defenses than the Cowboys did in Manning's and Brady's first years" not make sense? The Saints and Colts had worse defenses when Brees and Manning came in than the Cowboys did when Romo came in.

look who's telling me I'm grasping at straws while he's already buried.

Dude, basically, when it comes to perception and the reality of the situation......when I'm in any bar in America and someone mentions Drew Brees' name the reaction is always the same "the guy is awesome!" Romo "he's good" or "I like him but he makes too many mistakes" but I've never EVER heard anyone say "he's just as good as Brees" Ya know why? because perception is reality.

Bill Parcells was his fucking coach when he came in dude. And I didn't even mention Jason Witten for fuck's sake. You're trying to attack Brees because his winning percentage is worse, but that's because he didn't come in right away with the team that the Saints are now. The Cowboys have had talented rosters surrounding Romo for pretty much his whole career. Coaching has hindered the team, yes, but Romo has, on numerous, numerous occasions, actively choked, at the most inopportune times, to cost his team, and elite players don't do that with anywhere near the regularity that Romo has. You really need to give up this argument.

I can think of 1 big game that Romo "choked" away in QB play, and it wasn't even a playoff game, and it was against an excellent Steelers defense. People need to stop arguing with perception and start throwing something out besides "But dude it's Romo".

Edit: @JD Ever think amount of games people have watched Romo play in vs Brees might have something to do with that? And the fact Brees is wearing a ring? Romo has a better TD-Int ratio than Brees, so...... again, perception is not reality.

Sure, when it comes to taste or art but that's not what were talking about.

We're talking about common sense, and common sense tells us Tony Romo is a good QB while Drew Brees is an elite.

Believe it or not there are things the majority completely agree on that also happen to be true and/or right. In this case it's an objective truth.

In your case you happen to be the individual with a homer/subjectivist point of view that makes some valid points but also happens to be full of shit.

jesus fucking christ

Brees elevates his team, Romo does not. No one with any football knowledge would EVER put Romo on the level of Brees.

Romo is good, Brees is a future hall of famer.

Is there seriously a debate between Brees and Romo going on? Why are you guys taking this argument seriously? Brees is one of the three best quarterbacks in the NFL. Romo's a good second tier quarterback.

Believe it or not there are things the majority completely agree on that also happen to be true and/or right. In this case it's an objective truth.

In your case you happen to be the individual with a homer/subjectivist point of view that makes some valid points but also happens to be full of shit.

Also @ Mort and cf 3 :

Got anything concrete? Repeating an undefendable, subjective opinion over and over does not count.

If it's so obvious, then you should be able to come of with a laundry list of situational examples, statistics, SOMETHING that proves Brees is clearly better. But I already know you can't. Of course, other than referencing the Super Bowl win, which at least JD already admitted requires team effort.

the entire argument comes down to

WASHEMPLAY

not everything is definable by hard stats and numbers, watching them play is proof enough.