NFL 2012

...the list of Steeler injuries now feverishly being construed! Glad Big Bent the douche lost. No longer have to hear announcers gushing over him and his injuries / drama.

I'd rather that then the mindless Tebow dick sucking.

With said (injuries) everyone pretty much still had the Steelers taking this game. The in-game injuries of course affected them more...but Denver in the end seemed to go for it and want it a bit more! Indicative of that first play of OT.

I'm still not sure wich team I'd rather have faced next week...but pointless now to wonder.

And I wish we all could be rid of both the Big Ben over-drama and the Tebow over-hype! But atleast Tebow is a feel-good story underneath it all and he genuinely seems like a good dude. Ben is just a dickhead slimeball!

"All teams have to deal with injuries during the season".

Roflsberger choked, all there is to it.

Are you fucking stupid? Just because you're asshurt because crimsonfloyd kept ripping you about Romo doesn't mean every time a QB loses a game he "choked". Besides, he brought his team back from 14 points down.

The biggest reason that the Broncos won is because the Steelers underestimated Tebow's ability to pass the ball vertically and repeatedly cheated up to the line of scrimmage, despite being beaten multiple times already, even in overtime. Full credit goes to the Broncos for breaking open the playbook for the playoffs and launching the ball. Some excellent playcalling as well, which led directly to the Broncos being able to easily execute the QB draw that Tebow scored on.

The second most significant reason that the Broncos won is because of the injuries on the Steelers. This doesn't mean that they couldn't have won, or even that the team that they put out on the field didn't underachieve, but it would be myopic to suggest that the myriad of injuries that the Steelers have had leading up to the playoffs did not significantly contribute to the way that the game was played. First of all, Roethlisberger has not been even close to the same player that he was before he was injured, and it dramatically impacted his game for the rest of the season. People that are not blind, even people who hate the Steelers, should be able to admit that, but whether they will is another story. Obviously Pouncey being injured had a significant direct impact on the game as well, as Legursky twice launched the ball in extremely critical situations at the ends of both halves and could have been the difference in the game. Ryan Clark not being able to play left Mundy to start, and he misread the overtime play and failed to give Ike Taylor the safety support he was expecting. Then, with 5 defensive linemen active, the Steelers lose both their nose tackle and right defensive end, leaving an undrafted 3rd year player and a rookie to take their place and play the rest of the game with no rest, which is a major issue, because the Steelers always rotate their defensive linemen. I don't know what happened to Max Starks, but they re-signed Starks because Jonathan Scott sucks, so seeing Scott playing LT wasn't very fun.

The third major reason for the outcome of this game is that, although partially as a result of the Steelers' gameplan to dedicate to defending the option, Ike Taylor decided to have, unexaggeratedly, the worst game of his entire career by a significant margin. Aside from the fact that people will now that that Tebow is an actual QB as a result of this game, the most frustrating occurrence in this game for me is the humiliating display that Taylor put forth today, which will discredit the excellence regular season that he had in the eyes of most.

It was immensely dumb of them to not at least try the field goal at the end of regulation.

I agree with this. The probability of it succeeding was at least as high as the hail mary.

Edit: Overall, this game makes me feel no worse about this team and its quality during this season. It was clear to me in San Francisco that they would only be able to go as far as Ben's ankle would be able to take them. Playing on a high ankle sprain that you repeatedly reinjure, on your plant foot, will seriously limit your mobility and your accuracy without question and sabotaged the Steelers' chances of advancing. That doesn't mean necessarily that they would have won if he was healthy (although I would say they most likely would have), but it's clearly been a factor in the 3 and a half games he's played on it. Time to heal up for next year. At least Redman proved he can be a legitimate full time runningback.

Well, your point is stupid. He scored 17 points after being down by 14 and 10, and was in position to win with a field goal at the end until a bad snap shat that out of the water. Given his level of health, and the offensive line that was protecting him, he performed relatively admirably.

Well, your point is stupid. He scored 17 points after being down by 14 and 10, and was in position to win with a field goal at the end until a bad snap shat that out of the water. Given his level of health, and the offensive line that was protecting him, he performed relatively admirably.

He threw an pick, had another saved by an offsides. Was it a "choke"? No. Would it have been called a choke performance if the QB was Romo? Most certainly.

If Ben's injuries are having such an impact on his abilities...at what point do you take the reigns off. Now I get to a point the whole Ben at 60% (or whatever he is) is better than the backup at a 100% blah blah. Is this really true...how do we figure that formula and rate the abilities going forward? What we do know is he is hurting and has had injuries. I say prepare better going in and have a more proper backup (see colts). Bottom line, they must think he gives them the best chance to win of course...I can't really say I agree or disagree?

Uh, yeah, Byron Leftwich was the back up and he was out with an injury too.
and Ben actually played well for someone with a nagging injury or better than Batch or Dixon would ever play.

Like I said, the Steelers were decimated.

Colts owner Irsay apparently offered GM position to Pats director of player personal Nick Caserio...offer was turned down (for now)? Hmmmm very :err:

Also, Josh Mcdaniels is back in the fold and already coaching as the OC. O'brien on the outs...becoming Penn States new coach. Not that the f-in team needed any more distractions or anything...jeez!

WHAT FACK THE, we is all out to shprek fuzz balz hear, seriously we are aloud to get in touch with our jock inner selves on this metal forum, yeah I'm in, just give me a second to finish Tebowing... LOL

Of course, who hasn't. But you'll be going against one of the most versatile and potent offenses in the league with a QB who has been absolutely on fire all year.

And it doesn't help that there is no 49ers offense to speak of.

And Willis isn't even the #1 player on that defense, Justin Smith is by far.

Seen this from one of my buddies who seen this Tweet by someone

"I'm glad Tim Tebow's prayers keep getting answered." - starving child in Africa

:lol: