NFL 2015

God the NFC East is such a dumpster fire this year. Outside like 5 teams, you might even say the NFL is a dumpster fire this year.

Washington, prior to week 11, had the best chance of winning the division. But then they got trounced by the Panthers and dropped down to 23.9% chance versus 55.2% chance for the Giants. But then week 12 happened so we'll see how much that affected the #'s when they're updated. Either way it's pretty much on those two teams for the division title.

More to his point:

lwcpr2s4ucj8ip9kwth0.gif

Perhaps I missed the controversy, but I remember very clearly seeing the one concerning Marshawn Lynch for doing something similar.

Last edited:
Some differences between Kelce and Cam that are unrelated to race:

It's the Chiefs and he's a 3rd rounder who is rounding into form. Cam is a QB and a #1 overall draft pick. Why not ask why everyone is copying Cam's dance and not Kelce's? Perspectives.

More to his point:

lwcpr2s4ucj8ip9kwth0.gif

Perhaps I missed the controversy, but I remember very clearly seeing the one concerning Marshawn Lynch for doing something similar.

Not sure on the First Take dis, but I think Flores is responding to things like this;

http://deadspin.com/upset-mom-writes-crazy-open-letter-to-cam-newton-1742990037

Some differences between Kelce and Cam that are unrelated to race:

It's the Chiefs and he's a 3rd rounder who is rounding into form. Cam is a QB and a #1 overall draft pick. Why not ask why everyone is copying Cam's dance and not Kelce's? Perspectives.

:lol: really reaching there man. Going to deny Newton gets hate for being an arrogant/cocky/fun/whatever black guy? What are you even talking about with the dance copying? Has nothing to do with what dance was being done but by who was doing it.

:lol: really reaching there man. Going to deny Newton gets hate for being an arrogant/cocky/fun/whatever black guy? What are you even talking about with the dance copying? Has nothing to do with what dance was being done but by who was doing it.

It's not reaching to point out that the exposure level for Cam Newton in general is much higher than for Kelce. It's the same reason Dallas or Hardy were under such a microscope compared to guys with similar DV issues. Hell, Dallas picked a guy off the Chiefs practice squad with some DV history during the season (David Irving) and nary a peep. I live in NC though so Cam gets very little hate around here when the Panthers are winning.

Popularity definitely plays a role in determining headlines for sure. I don't think Newton gets too much shit honestly, from fans like us anyways. We realize he's pretty freakin good and as long as he's producing and winning then he can have at it. As long as he stays the way he is I don't think he'll be a polarizing player to anyone except to rival fans, which is completely understandable.

Personally, I love end zone dances and celebratory acts by players and hope they're never fully banned. The only reason Cam is getting so much attention this season is definitely because they're undefeated, but mainly because some dumb cunt decided to try and reprimand him in that stupid fucking article which had the complete opposite effect. Now, players are supporting him by mimicking his celebration which is bringing more attention to him, and anytime he scores people are expecting it now, further cementing in the populace's perception that this is who Cam is and this is what he does. Now, if he were to do something fucked up in the future like kill some dogs or beat his son or pop for roids or something stupid like that, the people in the fringe who are just chomping at the bit for any bit of dirt on Cam will be screaming from the mountain tops for sure and it will seem like there's more people who dislike him. But for now, it's just jealous rivals.

Sorry guys, I went on a rant and forgot what my whole point was. Figure it out. lol

edit: Side note - The instant post-game/injury/revolving news with the NFL is just crazy at times. What I'm talking about is the news regarding Gronkowski and how his knee injury is "minor" and simply a "sprain." For someone that big and tough he sure was in a shit ton of pain as soon as he hurt the turf. I just don't buy that it was a "minor injury" or simply a "sprain." The injury reporting system in the NFL is a joke and I really don't even understand the point of it anymore.

Last edited:
http://www.sportsdaydfw.com/dallas-...njury-expect-tony-romo-play-another-4-5-years

Jerry Jones became irritated Tuesday morning while discussing the future of his franchise quarterback. When asked during a weekly radio interview about how much longer he expected Tony Romo to be the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Jones quickly replied, "Four to five years."

"I think if you look at his playing time, if you look at the years he has actually played, he started late," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan's K&C Masterpiece show [KRLD-FM]. "He really has excellent skill relative to where his skill set began, what his skill set is. He's got the relative skills. More important to anything, from a mental standpoint, and from the things that also mean so much at quarterback, he's at the top of the list. So I think four to five years."

Goddamn it Jerry.

Well realistically it takes a few years to properly develop a new QB anyway, so maybe cut a year off that prediction and it'll probably work out well if they draft the right person.

I think Romo has 2 years left. A significant amount of his game is in extending plays, and that ability is going to degrade faster than anything else - plus it puts him at greater risk for injury - so even if he did have 4 years left, how many are a full 16-20 games worth? People also don't understand the Dallas line is a run blocking line, their pass protection is mediocre at best. Maybe if Chaz Green winds up a significant upgrade over Free. That RT position is a liability all around.

(insert dakryn eyeroll here)

It seems like every week of the 2015 season has featured an officiating decision that’s become a talking point well after the games have come to an end, leading to punishments for officials who have made mistakes and admissions from the league that things were not handled correctly on the field.

Some of those mistakes have directly cost teams games while others have played a big role in the outcomes of games, which has made many people wonder if officiating is getting worse. During an appearance on PFT Live with Mike Florio on Wednesday, NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said that isn’t the league’s read on the situation.

Blandino said he doesn’t believe officiating is any different than it has been in past years and told Florio that the league’s review of roughly 26,000 plays through Week 11 have found 4.5 correctable mistakes by officials per game. Blandino argued that increased scrutiny of the officials has led to greater focus when things go wrong.

“I think technology has been great for us, it’s been a great training tool, but it’s also allowed for more people to have more outlets to critique officiating,” Blandino said. “Look, we’ve had some mistakes in some high profile situations. There’s no way around that. We own that. We have to make sure that we correct those things. Our mistake rate isn’t any different than it’s been in years past, but we have had some high profile situations and people have more avenues to discuss those things.”

The discussion of scrutiny through technology led to a question about whether the league has considered having officials reviewing video of games separately from the current replay system in order to provide more real-time information to officials who don’t have the benefit of multiple video angles in high definition. Blandino said it is something the league has considered and that he thinks there’s merit to exploring it further, but that the league needs to “empower officials on the field” without having someone looking over their shoulder on every play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-of-mistakes-by-officials-same-as-past-years/

Yeah, I don't buy that. But what's he supposed to say? "While under my watch, league officiating has reached all time lows!" I think a big part of the problem is trying to officiate the violence out of an inherently brutal sport.

The NFL needs an officiating school like MLB has. For aspiring MLB umpires, you go to a month long academy and then, if selected (it's extremely hard to get selected) you start out in low A ball and work your way up. The NFL could partner with the NCAA and use it as a training ground for their officials. The problem isn't the rules or how they're interpreting them, it's that they don't have a uniform process for selecting and developing officials.

The NFL needs an officiating school like MLB has. For aspiring MLB umpires, you go to a month long academy and then, if selected (it's extremely hard to get selected) you start out in low A ball and work your way up. The NFL could partner with the NCAA and use it as a training ground for their officials. The problem isn't the rules or how they're interpreting them, it's that they don't have a uniform process for selecting and developing officials.

Fulltime refs with uniform selection and training probably would help tremendously. I think the league can spare the funds to invest in such a critical area. However, there are an infinite areas of subjectivity to create issues in every area of every play, particularly when compared to a sport like baseball.

I wonder how much age plays into the ref's problems. Aren't refs, on average, middle aged/and later men who are lawyers or something like that during the week/day?

Yeah, I don't buy that. But what's he supposed to say? "While under my watch, league officiating has reached all time lows!" I think a big part of the problem is trying to officiate the violence out of an inherently brutal sport.

I didn't expect him to make honest comments. However, making the claim that it hasn't improved in the past few years is just as bad if not worse than saying yes our refs suck. He should have done the political thing stating, "derp derp, human element, we're always trying to improve things and never wish incidents happen but they do, herpa derpa derp derp." Not simply acknowledging shit hasn't gotten better, deal with it. It comes off as extremely daft and condescending.

The problem the NFL is always going to have is the convoluted rule book and, imo, failure to utilize replay to its fullest potential. I have no issue with the number of challenges teams are allotted, however, there's no legitimate reason that they can't specify what they want to challenge. I believe everything should be reviewable at the head coach's request. Claiming that A is allowed to be challenged but B isn't is dumb. Claiming that it's a "judgement call" is also dumb.

The NFL did take a great step in making it a policy to review turnovers and scoring plays. That takes a huge weight off of everyone. But they need to keep going.