NFL 2015

Perhaps he should have taken a season off when his son died, but he chose not to take more than a few days off, IIRC. But it was more than that. He was making the same mistakes over and over. Everyone was burnt out on it. And if we're honest, he's made the same mistakes in KC with clock mismangement etc.

It is weird how something that's so easy to do on video game football is the achilles heal of many an actual coach.

I imagine it's easy to get distracted, when you have players getting emotional on the sideline, guys coming off the field injured, assistant coaches, trainers, players, officials etc. giving you updates; also, in some cases, calling the plays. Obviously, it's still their responsibility, but those are probably some of the factors that lead to them overlooking the basics of clock managment.

lmao. Not exactly the same but that's ok.

This weeks pick em:
Panthers
Cardinals
Broncos
Chiefs

Same, except I'd take the Pats over the Chiefs. You're really taking Alex Smith and Andy Reid over Tom Brady and Bill Belichick? I can already see Andy's wtf face in the 4th quarter as he grossly mismanages the clock, while Belichick stands on the other sideline with that snide, cocky look on his face.

Also, from a more technical standpoint, Edelmen, Volmer, and Hightower are all cleared to play.

Same, except I'd take the Pats over the Chiefs. You're really taking Alex Smith and Andy Reid over Tom Brady and Bill Belichick? I can already see Andy's wtf face in the 4th quarter as he grossly mismanages the clock, while Belichick stands on the other sideline with that snide, cocky look on his face.

Also, from a more technical standpoint, Edelmen, Volmer, and Hightower are all cleared to play.

First off, the Patriots aren't invincible. They have a kryptonite. People make that argument every year about the Patriots and Brady being fantastic in the postseason and Belichick being a genius mastermind, which for the most part is true, but the Patriots don't win every year. Think back to the years that they've lost in the playoffs. Who did they lose to and what type of team were they up against? They lose to teams that don't panic and control key aspects of the game, particularly on defense and TOP. Re: Ravens x2, Jets, Broncos, Giants x2 (not going to mention their loss to the Colts cuz that was just a nutty fucking game and honestly that Colts team wasn't the greatest until the postseason).

The game is going to be really close for sure. The positives for the Chiefs are:
1) Alex Smith is very calm and collected in every game, this is a huge positive going into big playoff games. Being a "game manager" who doesn't make mistakes is exactly the type of player that can give the Patriots defense fits.
2) The Chiefs are a run first team with good running backs they can shuffle in and out and never really get tired.
3) The Patriots aren't very familiar with the Chiefs, but they do have history of playing Andy Reid which I get, but honestly this Chiefs team isn't built like his Eagles teams. Not to mention the last time these two teams played the Chiefs spanked them.
4) Their defense is fantastic and finally healthy, and everyone that wasn't healthy was able to knock off any rust off last week against the Texans. Patriots have players coming back who haven't played in a while. May not mean anything, but you never know.
5) The Patriots have been vulnerable lately, particularly their offensive line and lack of ability to pound the football and their pass defense. I think this is a horrible matchup for them considering how stout the Chiefs defense is overall. Although, the one place the Patriots will be able to exploit the Chiefs D is obviously in the pass game depending on who is matched up with Gronk and Edelman (assuming Edelman is 100% which I doubt).

Belichick is no doubt going to try and shut down their run game, Kelce, and take advantage of matchups with Gronk. But I just think that this is a game where the Patriots are going to have to "do more" to win the game than the Chiefs. The Chiefs are going to stick to what they do best and wait for the Patriots to fuck themselves.

Having said all of that, the Chiefs are due for a stinker just like I said about the Redskins. So who knows. lol

few things about the kc/pats game. if maclin can't go thats a huge blow to kc.
edelman will have issues cutting and will feel pain in every route other than when he's running a straight line.
alex smith needs to play a little smarter than he did against houston even though they won big.
brady has only 1 TD pass the last 2 weeks of the regular season and if fitzpatrick didn't fumble around the 10 yard line that number might ave been zeo.

Pats always play into the other teams weakness though. They are going to force Smith to throw, it should be a really good game though.

12417591_1531530980477756_2030181826486812661_n.jpg

Reactions: mdmatt4ever
First off, the Patriots aren't invincible. They have a kryptonite. People make that argument every year about the Patriots and Brady being fantastic in the postseason and Belichick being a genius mastermind, which for the most part is true, but the Patriots don't win every year. Think back to the years that they've lost in the playoffs. Who did they lose to and what type of team were they up against? They lose to teams that don't panic and control key aspects of the game, particularly on defense and TOP. Re: Ravens x2, Jets, Broncos, Giants x2 (not going to mention their loss to the Colts cuz that was just a nutty fucking game and honestly that Colts team wasn't the greatest until the postseason).

The game is going to be really close for sure. The positives for the Chiefs are:
1) Alex Smith is very calm and collected in every game, this is a huge positive going into big playoff games. Being a "game manager" who doesn't make mistakes is exactly the type of player that can give the Patriots defense fits.
2) The Chiefs are a run first team with good running backs they can shuffle in and out and never really get tired.
3) The Patriots aren't very familiar with the Chiefs, but they do have history of playing Andy Reid which I get, but honestly this Chiefs team isn't built like his Eagles teams. Not to mention the last time these two teams played the Chiefs spanked them.
4) Their defense is fantastic and finally healthy, and everyone that wasn't healthy was able to knock off any rust off last week against the Texans. Patriots have players coming back who haven't played in a while. May not mean anything, but you never know.
5) The Patriots have been vulnerable lately, particularly their offensive line and lack of ability to pound the football and their pass defense. I think this is a horrible matchup for them considering how stout the Chiefs defense is overall. Although, the one place the Patriots will be able to exploit the Chiefs D is obviously in the pass game depending on who is matched up with Gronk and Edelman (assuming Edelman is 100% which I doubt).

All good points. Here is my counterargument:

andy-reid-728695.jpg

lol 49ers. GL w/Chip Kelly.

Sigh. I would have preferred Lovie over Kelly. Or, pretty much anyone.

If he couldn't make the playoffs with the high caliber players he had in Philly, what is he going to do with the scraps left on the 49ers? Our good players are pretty much gone aside from Bowman, Staley, Boldin. We better have an epic draft. Hyde needs to come back in full force.

Last edited: