NFL 2015

I'm not even that angry at the referees for this past game, it was pure luck that Arizona won and that's fine. GB did get completely screwed at least 4 times in huge spots, though. And my point was that this is a trend I have noticed, especially in the playoffs. Anyone that actually watches the NFL and isn't a biased homer like Dak would be able to corroborate this.

It's funny watching Matt go full Trump on this subject.

From what are you basing your opinion on? They are not a favorite in any way. They consistently get screwed, especially in the playoffs, which is partially why their four most recent losses have come on the last play of the game.

See? That's how I know you're full of shit. GB was helped out with the Bryant "no catch", and lost to the Seahawks because you couldn't recover the kick - had nothing to do with refs.

I checked nflpenalties.com. Here's GBs benecificiary rank (Beneficiary means the opposing team was called for a penalty. Site only goes back to 09):

2009: 4th
2010: 2nd
2011: 3rd
2012: 2nd
2013: 19th (Weird, and better than almost half of Dallas' years)
2014: 8th
2015: 4th

So they do not "consistently get screwed". They are a favorite. Year after year, teams playing against GB get called for more penalties to a degree that cannot be mere luck. In the top 5 4 out of 6 years (actually top 3 for 3 of those 4), and just barely out of it one of those 2. If you happen to be correct about some call at the end of a game, I think it's more than balanced out by clear favoritism GB receives throughout games, game in, game out, year upon year.

No one expected them to win in the regular season either. And that was with Asswielder at the helm.

The patriots are favored for good reason but it's not a guarantee. Otherwise the spread would resemble a college football game.

Of course anything can happen. I mean, the freaking Giants won two Super Bowls with far weaker rosters, and at least in the first instance, won against a far better opponent than any of the remaining teams.

That said, the Pats should win this game fairly easily. They are clearly the better team. And the 3 point spread has more to do with Denver being at home and people having Manning blinders on than anything else. Anyone who watched last week's game knows Denver is lucky to even be alive.

Of course anything can happen. I mean, the freaking Giants won two Super Bowls with far weaker rosters, and at least in the first instance, won against a far better opponent than any of the remaining teams.

That said, the Pats should win this game fairly easily. They are clearly the better team. And the 3 point spread has more to do with Denver being at home and people having Manning blinders on than anything else. Anyone who watched last week's game knows Denver is lucky to even be alive.

Pats only have one road AFCCG victory in Brady era. They're 2-6 in Denver. All the numbers guys are saying Broncos have better chance of winning. Nate silver puts their chance at 59%. There's no such thing as "should" in the NFL. You should know this because the patriots "should" have demolished the Eagles this season. I just think it's a major mistake on everyone's part to think and assume this is going to be a slaughter.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
Pats only have one road AFCCG victory in Brady era. They're 2-6 in Denver. All the numbers guys are saying Broncos have better chance of winning. Nate silver puts their chance at 59%. There's no such thing as "should" in the NFL. You should know this because the patriots "should" have demolished the Eagles this season. I just think it's a major mistake on everyone's part to think and assume this is going to be a slaughter.

This.

But it's going to be a slaughter anyways.

That "should" stuff is all semantics. I don't care what some Pats team in the 80s, 90s, or even 00s did in Denver. It has no bearing on today's game. The "only one road AFCCG win" is comically misleading. They're 1-2, with one loss coming in a nail biter. Again, a totally misleading and irrelevant stat.

Pats are the superior team. I expect them to win. That's my position and I'm sticking to it. Obviously, things could go differently than I expect, but I forsee a game where the Pats jump on them early and the Broncos struggle to move the ball. The Broncos are not designed to come from behind by multiple scores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy... Dead.