NFL 2015

They just got dominated by the 24th ranked pass offense. That's not even close to good. Losing a S doesn't make it impossible to cover garbage receivers and a solid TE.

Internet fucking tough guys man

it's one game. and Mathieu has been playing corner.

maybe you should watch and learn about football before you comment on it.

Last edited:
Didn't act like I knew everything, but I sure as fuck don't watch every game of every team every week. Articles still had him as a S. You're being such a little cunt, take that shit somewhere else.

That's the point. Huge game for the Cards. Have had to prepare for almost a month without Mathieu. ARZ should have prepared for Cam to beat them with his legs/Stewart pounding but instead they allowed him to flourish in the air. A joke gameplan and execution.

Man I feel like maybe you didn't watch the game. 7 turnovers for the cardinals offense. Newton had 300 yards passing yeah but didn't 80 yards of it come from a fluky touchdown? What defense can hold up against a decent offense when they can't get off the field? Fuck they almost returned an interception for a pick six only to have an Palmer give the ball right back to the panthers on the next play...

Reactions: Nephilim96
So we're not blaming the defense for allowing 3 gigantic passing plays? It's "fluky"? da fuq.

I was on the phone for the 2nd half because it was a shit game at that point.

Panthers were up 17-0 before the first turnover occurred, and even stabilized after that fumble. What happens after half time? Two CAR drives for 80 yards consisting of 19 plays total. Laid a big fat egg

And of course the Eagles defense wore out. The Eagles offense couldn't get first downs. That didn't have to do with pace. That had to do with not executing.

They score fast or turn it over fast. It is pace. But I'll take it, since you didn't even grant that the D could wear out before.

They just got dominated by the 24th ranked pass offense. That's not even close to good. Losing a S doesn't make it impossible to cover garbage receivers and a solid TE.

Internet fucking tough guys man

Misleading stat brother. They're actually 6th overall in DVOA, 9th in pass and 6th in rush. Last year they were 20th overall, which is obviously a huge improvement. Again, they're arguably the most well-rounded offense in the league, with the greatest trump card in the league as well in Newton.

On a side note, surprisingly, Seattle was 1st overall in DVOA.

edit: And for those of you who don't know wtf I'm talking about, check it: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

greatest trump card

TrumpCard.jpg

Misleading stat brother. They're actually 6th overall in DVOA, 9th in pass and 6th in rush. Last year they were 20th overall, which is obviously a huge improvement. Again, they're arguably the most well-rounded offense in the league, with the greatest trump card in the league as well in Newton.

On a side note, surprisingly, Seattle was 1st overall in DVOA.

edit: And for those of you who don't know wtf I'm talking about, check it: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Seems misleading too, Bills are a better rush team but only slightly worse in the passing game. Hard for me to call a team #9 in the league in passing when they are a run first kind of team.

Yeah, and not sure I agree with the first part;

Five yards on third-and-4 are worth more than five yards on first-and-10 and much more than five yards on third-and-12.

Not sure how the scheduling thing works, CBS ranks the Panthers at 27th SOS but the site seems like the 4% means they are playing hard competition?

Weighted stats, based on time, seem like weird territory anyways. NHL does it only when the score is within one, but this one seems to ,punish teams that excel early and sit back on their lead, no?

I don't think it punishes anyone, I think this is a measure of consistency and efficiency. I totally agree with the premise that five yards on a 3rd and 4 play is much more critical than five yards on a 1st and 10, and so it should carry more weight.

Cardinals got lucky as fuck to be there in the first place. It took an ridiculous deflection TD and numerous bad calls to get them there.

Which is luckier: a hail mary that required an unbelievably good pass/catch or coverage lapse, or a tipped pass caught in the endzone for a TD?