NO Insane McCain! NO Barack Hussein!

You are assuming that the politician you voted for based on that one issue will result in pandering. What if my one big issue was that I wanted to be taxed so more of my money could be handed out to people who don't want to work? I would be voting for Obama then. Does this mean he will be pandering to special interests? -I know, I am splitting hairs. You are just so embedded in your Neo-Lib ideals that you don't even seem willing to look at what's on the other side.

1) I am not voting for Obama

2) By your usage, you don't know what Neo-Lib means

3) What other side are you refering to? I see no substantial difference between Obama or Mccain. That's a fantasy for cultural warriors or Christian nuts.

4) Your hypothetical is baffling as it is divorced from historical reality. If my one issue was personal welfare, if that's all I voted on, and let's say I formed a powerful pro-personal welfare lobby (as opposed to a corporate welfare lobby groups) then yes that's special interest pandering. And sorry to break the news to you, under Bush II entitlement spending increased as it did just about every other president in recent years. So why would you vote for a party that increases entitlement spending? Why?

5) And, again, if a President SIGNS A BILL INTO LAW that bails out a lending firm that made stupid loans, why shouldn't he be held responsible? Your lack of logic on this truly baffling. WHY SHOULD MY TAX DOLLARS go to this?

everything you just said came straight from the leftist, anti-America handbook.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

So, just so we are clear, you are saying that men and women who are brave enough to serve in the military are anti-American if they'll vote Democrat? On behalf of my friends in the military, you know what you can do with such a view. I am sure that my friend who served in Iraq can put things even nicer to you if you don't get the picture yet.

:I do not agree. Since more of the war is fought in the media than ever before. Even discussing a withdraw is bad. Unless we are discussing it under the guise that we were successful. Morale among the troops is important. Neo-Libs cry about how poorly the rest of the world percieves us while standing at the top of the highest mountain yelling about how America sucks.

Look, there are military objectives and political objectives that need to be met before any is withdrawing anywhere. Either you focus on these or you are engaging in the stupid rhetoric of talk-radio. How the war is treated in the media or who bitches and moans about what is far less important. Again, saying "even discussing a withdrawl is bad" is totally meaningless unless you simply think we'll be in Iraq for infinity. That is just empty politics. Far too much is at stake, and too many American lives at that, to worry about media spin. I mean do you seriously think the Pentagon, the military don't have plans for withdrawl? That would be seriously irresponsible if not.

Obama said Iran wasnt a threat. he'll be worse than Clinton.

everything you just said came straight from the leftist, anti-America handbook.

You know, an apology would have been decent of you since you insulted me yesterday with your remarks that I don't care about the military since I'm out now. But I see you're brainwashed and believe everything the republicans tell you. I guess in your opinion, i'm a leftist and anti-american because I would like to see more affordable healthcare for my family, cheaper gas prices so I can commute back and forth to work, and want to retain the value of my house. I've done much more for this country than you have.

You sound like a fine American to me - one who thinks for himself and doesn't tow a party line. Thanks very much for your dedication and service to our country - I greatly appreciate it.

Obama said Iran wasnt a threat. he'll be worse than Clinton.

everything you just said came straight from the leftist, anti-America handbook.

Also, hasn't North Korea been a threat for a long time now? I'd say ever since the Korean conflict ended? But you haven't seen us invade N. Korea, so what does that tell you? It means we don't need to invade every country that is a threat to us. The U.S.S.R. was a threat for how many years during the cold war, but we didn't invade them either. Besides that, Israel is very close to Iran, and Iran doesn't like them either, so don't you think Israel would fight the Iranians with us?

You sound like a fine American to me - one who thinks for himself and doesn't tow a party line. Thanks very much for your dedication and service to our country - I greatly appreciate it.

Oh yeah, I never had to take care of anyone before. I'm sure the Marines I was responsible for, felt like I didn't care about them, even though I was the one who they approached for everything.

So I guess I'm thinking just for myself because I want my family to have a decent way of life, well I guess every american that tries to take care of their family is just thinking for themselves too?!

Since this is now a complete political bashing site, and not the Billy Milano/M.O.D./S.O.D. site that brought me here to talk about Billy & the band, I'm done posting here. I know that Billy talked about politics, but at least he didn't go around calling people anti-american and insulting them for not voting republican.

For the people I met and talked to on here, it was nice talking with all of you. I'm glad I got to see M.O.D. 6 times since 05', and got to see S.O.D. back in 99'. Billy said he mainly uses the M.O.D. myspace page, so I'll be mainly checking that out for M.O.D. news.

You know, an apology would have been decent of you since you insulted me yesterday with your remarks that I don't care about the military

i didnt insult you. i just made an honest observation.
if you want to talk about insults, anybody that threatens to vote for Obama, knowing what we know about this man, is insulting not only this country, but everybody that ever lived here or will be born here. what Clinton did to the military when he was in office will pale in comparision to what Obama-wan will do.

if you want to talk about insults, anybody that threatens to vote for Obama, knowing what we know about this man, is insulting not only this country, but everybody that ever lived here or will be born here. what Clinton did to the military when he was in office will pale in comparision to what Obama-wan will do.

Yes you did insult me. You haven't served 1 day in the military, and you're gonna tell me I don't care about the military anymore because I'm a civilian now...please!!!! I done listening to your childish stereotypes.

I should have taken Linus' advice (from the peanuts gang), there's 3 things in life you should never talk about: Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.

Yes you did insult me. You haven't served 1 day in the military, and you're gonna tell me I don't care about the military anymore because I'm a civilian now...please!!!! I done listening to your childish stereotypes.

I should have taken Linus' advice (from the peanuts gang), there's 3 things in life you should never talk about: Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.

nope. i didnt insult you. if you felt insulted by it, then fine. i apologize for THAT, but only that. i dont apologize for what i feel.

another Dem administration would be the final nail in the coffin for this country. we're not in the position to risk it all on somebody like Obama. that's where my objection comes in.
i'm no McCain fan. i cant stand the guy and cant believe the GOP thought this man should be their candidate, but given the alternative, he gets my vote.
he'll at least be strong on security and that's the #1 priority at this point in our history.

Good lord, do you have any thoughts that aren't fueled by conservitive talk radio?

nope. i didnt insult you. if you felt insulted by it, then fine. i apologize for THAT, but only that. i dont apologize for what i feel.

another Dem administration would be the final nail in the coffin for this country. we're not in the position to risk it all on somebody like Obama. that's where my objection comes in.
i'm no McCain fan. i cant stand the guy and cant believe the GOP thought this man should be their candidate, but given the alternative, he gets my vote.
he'll at least be strong on security and that's the #1 priority at this point in our history.

Lady, do you live in a bomb shelter? You're nuts, seriously!!! Get some psychiatric help! I read through all of the posts on this thread, and a bunch of you have some serious issues. How can you bash a guy who served in the military? The man served his country so he has the right to voice his opinion more than the average joe/jane that didn't do anytime in the military.

Lady, do you live in a bomb shelter? You're nuts, seriously!!! Get some psychiatric help! I read through all of the posts on this thread, and a bunch of you have some serious issues. How can you bash a guy who served in the military? The man served his country so he has the right to voice his opinion more than the average joe/jane that didn't do anytime in the military.

with ease.
some do it for the military benefits. i know about as many of those as i do the ones that joined for legitimately patriotic reasons. once they're out, they revert back to the same apathetic, 'what's-in-it-for-me?' mode of thought that they had before joining.

with ease.
some do it for the military benefits. i know about as many of those as i do the ones that joined for legitimately patriotic reasons. once they're out, they revert back to the same apathetic, 'what's-in-it-for-me?' mode of thought that they had before joining.

From reading all of the posts, it doesn't sound like you were in the military, so you have absolutely no right to bash someone that served their time. It would be the same thing if I said I know what it feels like to have give birth to a child because my girlfriend/wife gave birth. Either go in the military and serve some time, otherwise shut the hell up. I served in the army from 1989 to 1995, and went to Desert Storm, so you can kiss my red, white and blue ass!

From reading all of the posts, it doesn't sound like you were in the military, so you have absolutely no right to bash someone that served their time. It would be the same thing if I said I know what it feels like to have give birth to a child because my girlfriend/wife gave birth. Either go in the military and serve some time, otherwise shut the hell up. I served in the army from 1989 to 1995, and went to Desert Storm, so you can kiss my red, white and blue ass!

sure, Junior Member. whatever you say. :lol:

Thank you!!!!:worship:

I guess the republican stereotypes are as follows: Everyone in the military must vote republican. All democrats are anti-military and want to eliminate the military. All democrats are conscienous objectors and don't believe in war, and will never go to war no matter the circumstances. If you don't vote republican, then you're not a patriot.

I guess because since Sue has friends in the military, it makes her more patriotic than me, even though I was in the Marines for over 8 years. And also in Sue's view, I don't care about the military anymore now that I'm out because I'm not gonna vote republican this time. I still have a lot of friends in the military, and have lost 6 friends during my time in the military, but because I'm not voting republican, I guess it means I don't care about any of them anymore. I don't remember anything saying that I have to vote republican in order to be in the military when I raised my hand and took the oath to enlist in the military . I also never seen or heard of a written order by the President, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of the Navy or the Commandant of the Marine Corps stating that everyone in the military/Marines must vote Republican.

Amaranth, 1st- what is the pic of in your avatar? Hey man, don't let this crazy TPT b*tch get to you. That's what happens when brothers & sisters, or cousins inbreed, you get stupid retards that just spew shit that makes no sense. You did your time and can vote however you want. You got an honorable discharge, what does this clown have...nothing but a big mouth. I highly doubt she could handle basic training.