Nu-metal international

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Well, okay, Metal Hammer have followed an unfortuante middle-of-the-road direction and are covering non-metal shit, which sucks, you're right. But there's still a few good magazines that cover real metal (Terrorizer, The Pit, etc. I recommend BW&BK... although, do they distribute that far? Hmm...)

As for radio, even if they allocated time to metal, do you think they'd ever play anything extreme? I mean, like, ever? With the exception of occaisionally college radio shows (or so I've heard) the most metal the airwaves ever seem to get is new Metallica shit and numetal crap.

Yeah you can get Terrorizer here, but it's too expensive with the shitty Australian dollar being the way it is.

I dunno about in Canada, but there's lots of metal on the radio here, including a lot of extreme stuff. Not on commercial radio of course, but we have a couple of prominent community stations here in Melbourne, and there is also the national broadcaster (self proclaimed "youth network") which has a 3 hour metal show once per week, which plays a bit of a range, including extreme metal and a bit of shit "nu metal" too.