Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitledmedium1ut.png
Carcassian said:
Less ass - more pics plz.

What I'm working on right now. I need comments/criticism. Mainly looking for Chris's opinion here, but all are welcome, that is why it's here.

And don't mind the background, I'm going to put a stained glass window in, the posters just aren't doing it for me. They look too fake. And everything obviously is still being worked on...

edit: Oh yeah my digital camera sucks so everything's washed out. I apologize.

The left leg looks a bit off, proportion wise, it's hard to make out where the knee is. It's also hard to make out where the thigh/hip/pelvis area is supposed to be due to the pose. Maybe you could work on the highlights to pronounce it better? I think there is too much thigh basically. There should also be some highlights on the birds beak and some shadows in the right armpit and right thigh to seperate it from the arm. And she has kinda buff overarms. Other than that it's a really nice piece, the face is great. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland grown up (probably due to the blue dress). The cloth is really good as well.

I like.

Nice painting. But i have 3 questions:
1 How big is this painting?
2 Isn't the "O" from "Bathory" too small?
3 What's that bird doing there?

Alright, first--- thank you very much Panzer, the bird is still being heavily worked on, but yeah i'll put highlight, there's also going to be black in the beak. The right leg is kind of fucked up, I had to make it a little longer than it should be proportion wise in order to get that pose. I will work on the knee further, though in reality it's more distinct than the photo posted here.
Also, definetly more shadows and junk here and there, like you said.

Immo: It's a modern rendition of the story/poem Leda and the Swan. Keats' version of the story is my favorite written version, Michelangelo's painting likewise.
I decided to do a sexy/cheeky modern version of this old myth. And instead of the swan dominating poor Leda, I've made her rather large and powerful while the swan is this silly little stuffed animal who is powerless.

The painting is a little over 30x50 inches... like 3.5x5 feet. Pretty big.

Don't worry about the 'O' in Bathory, the posters are getting nicked. You'll see =). Thank you for the comments!

edit: The Keats poem: http://www.poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp?poet=3057&poem=13848 I'm not a huge fan of poetry, but this one is amazing, as is Keats. READ IT! It's short.

Wow. I like it too. But... Theres really something wrong with her left leg and the swan's spine...

Susperia,
Wow! Those paintings are pretty badass. I'm impressed. :kickass: @ Bathory poster on the wall.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
My baby girl was born 06/27, and pics are fourthcoming! Unfortunately I'm having software problems, so I am unable to get on here and post them. Hopefully I'll get it all sorted out soon. Till then, hail and kill!
:) awesome

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
My baby girl was born 06/27, and pics are fourthcoming! Unfortunately I'm having software problems, so I am unable to get on here and post them. Hopefully I'll get it all sorted out soon. Till then, hail and kill!

Oh congratulations! Only 7 days after my birthday.:saint:

Actually no the right leg is perfect. I drew up some lines that I see as the girl's bone structure, red one is the right leg as you can see, but the problem in my eyes is that the left leg has "to limbs", because I get the impression that the upper part of the thigh "breaks" in order to fit properly in both the eh.. pelvis socket (?) and knee. I assume the highlighted part of the cloth on the green line is supposed to be just that, but it looks like it follows the leg's shape because it matches good with the lower part of the thigh's highlight. If you cut down on the thigh's meaty curve (under the middle green line) I think the problem could be somewhat solved. The yellow line is just there because MS Paint only has 3 undos :p

dscf002113howtfz0mgz.jpg

I dunno if you ever "flip" your paintings in a mirror but if you don't I suggest you do, seeing it from a different view can help you find proportion and shading errors.

dscf002113ho_omgflipper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.