Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

anyway,

byrne said:
rugby league: played with 13 players on the field, has a more structured gameplay in so far as you get 6 "tackles" to score a try and then have to hand over possession (subject to a number of other rules coming into play, but im not going to that detail). out of the two its more like american football. it is also only played really in nz, england and aus (papua new guinea and a few other small islands also play it, but its not really wide spread).

rugby union (or "rugby"): played with 15 players on the field and is a more technical and involved game. it also has a less rigid gameplay in so far as you can hold the ball (when attacking) for pretty much as long as you want, until you score a try. it is very much an international game, with all of the uk playing it, ireland, italy, france, argentina, south africa, nz, aus, a lot of fairly competetive south pacific islands (e.g. samoa, fiji etc.)

there are heaps of different rules between the two, but they share many similarities. you could be excused for confusing the two if you had never seen either game before though.

Ah, thank you. I know virtually nothing about rugby, I dont watch much sports outside of american football and baseball. Raised in massachussets, lived there my whole life. Not exposed to much off of the east coast, although I do enjoy watching soccer and have a very basic knowlege of the sport.

rugby, when played well is probably the most exciting sport ive watched. although the professionalism it has developed over the last 10 years or so has kind of spoilt it a bit. nonetheless its a killer sport, as is rugby league.

Ah, thank you. I know virtually nothing about rugby, I dont watch much sports outside of american football and baseball. Raised in massachussets, lived there my whole life. Not exposed to much off of the east coast, although I do enjoy watching soccer and have a very basic knowlege of the sport.
Revolution are in the championship game!

We all are going to watch the Patriots though :)

rugby, when played well is probably the most exciting sport ive watched. although the professionalism it has developed over the last 10 years or so has kind of spoilt it a bit. nonetheless its a killer sport, as is rugby league.

AFL > League + Union :kickass:

Dän;5563794 said:
AFL > League + Union :kickass:

I'm not a huge fan of either tbh, but I have to say that AFL shits on League and Union for sure. Faster, more athletic, and the players dont look like gorillas, but rather, trained professionals who know how to bring grace and beauty into sport. Brute strength is boring!

DuncanParker.jpg

ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.