Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pay that. i agree.

cant wait for the cricket this summer. im going to the sydney test (day 1 and maybe 2) as well as a few of the one day-ers

my brother told me this story about stuart macgill filling in for sydney uni first grade.

macgill was filling in, playing for uni against north sydney. he was bowling an over and a guy nicked the ball trying to play a leg glance, and it went straight up in the air for a simple catch to short square leg. the guy drops it.

mid-next over, macgill bowls the same ball, batsman plays the same shot, ball goes to the same fielder, fielder drops the same catch. so he (macgill) turns around, walks off the field (without even taking his hat off the umpire), across the gravel car park still in his spikes and gets in his car and just drives off. :lol:

I laughed for ages when i heard that story.

My year 9 geography teacher was Stuart MacGill's father, anytime you didn't want to do any work, you just had to ask him about Stuart, and that was it, he'd just talk about his son for the rest of the lesson. He also talked in assembly once, total twat.

Ah the joys of Aussie summer. Beautiful nights:

bondi_night1.jpg

bondi_night2.jpg

not rly... if rings were given out for best attendance records, maybe it'd be comparable...

...but a championship is a quantifiable achievement... (did i spell either of those words right...), and not a popularity contest...

Both are measurements of success, and what is viewed as the be all and end all of determination of quality in their respective fields. We already know that record sales is a bullshit way of determining quality. Super Bowl victories is obviously more difficult to understand, but honestly, all I should have to say on this subject is "Dan Marino" and be done with it.

FUCK Tom Brady. He's an overrated piece of shit that would be nothing without his team, and it's disgusting the way he's looked at as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, which is utter bullshit. Tom Brady didn't win those Super Bowls, Bill Belichick, the defense, and Adam Vinatieri did.

And I think you're completely wrong. I think even Trent Dilfer could've won the first two. The third, maybe someone as good as a McNair or Brad Johnson. But I certainly think they could've won all of those Super Bowls with or without Brady.

Brady is overrated, but I still think he's good. He didnt win the Superbowls its true, but with a lesser QB they wouldnt have even got close. However I agree with Nec that the team won it, their defense was awesome, and with a kicker like Vinatieri you are sorted.

Oh he's definitely a good quarterback, in the top 5 in the league, but people who put him as number one or as one of the greatest of all time are just insane as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.