Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
good thai food is wonderful :) there's this one restaurant i usually go to when visiting grandparents which is more delicious than anything ever

chicken chilli cashew!

newtown (syd) is the best for thai food over here - cheap as anything and genuinely good.

at the moment im loving indian food. i have a friend at work who is from southern india and he's been showing me all these great indian restaurants. im loving it.

obv indian food is awesome :) my favourite on balance

the links either ask for a login or are random spam crap, seems deron has been on the internet again. :(

chicken chilli cashew!

newtown (syd) is the best for thai food over here - cheap as anything and genuinely good.

at the moment im loving indian food. i have a friend at work who is from southern india and he's been showing me all these great indian restaurants. im loving it.

Damn! I'll bet the Vindaloo is causing havoc on peak hour trains and crowded lifts! :D

Go to Noddy's at the Junction - Bronte Rd. For Indian food it is very different. And I'm an Indian saying that! Very well priced too.

Thai for me these days is Ploy Thai in Nth Bondi. Cheap, low key excellent price.

Damn! I'll bet the Vindaloo is causing havoc on peak hour trains and crowded lifts! :D

haha.

good to see we are all indian food fans.

the thai restauran of choice, based purely on price is Thai Times 9 (Newtown - King St). there are much better thai places, but you cant beat $6.50 for lunch.

You should try the Malaya (if you haven't already) - its quite pricey, but good nonetheless. It's Thai, Malaysian, Indian fusion.

indian: no particular place of choice, but its all enjoyable.

But when I next head over to the junc, ill check that place out. cheers for the rec.

Well, I don't see why it should be so terribly wrong to be proud of your heritage. It's exactly the same as being proud of a tradition or something like that, which, in my opinion, is what makes up a huge part of our cultures, which again, is what is responsible for creating a lot of the beautiful things that mankind has spawned.

And also bear in mind, that there is a huge difference between feeling pride for your own heritage, and thinking that other peoples' heritage is less than desireable.

To me, heritage = culture.

edit: I love all different kinds of food too, Thai is wonderful. I wish I knew how to cook it, but it seems so much more complicated than say, English or Italian dishes.

This is one of the good things about living in Los Angeles...if you want to go to a certain restaurant, chances are you can find one. Indian, Peruvian, Japanese, Samoan...it's all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.