Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out for Marine Corps Recon (unwillingly) and all I have to say is FUCK THAT. You know what we did for 6 weeks straight? No matter where you went, what you did, you ran. If you had to go to the store down the road on base, you ran. If you had to take a piss, you ran, if you needed to go to HQ or one of the Battalion buildings, you ran. If you ever got caught NOT running..oh boy say goodbye to your life. It fucking sucked, highly rewarding and something to brag about, but my god it was the worst time of my life. Wake up 3am get to sleep at 12 that night. foaufaojtaosdjtasotjpasdtast

I don't see why anyone would want to join the military, sure not all people will get combat positions but the knowledge that I could be sent to a warzone would bother me. Not to mention I really don't think I could support any group that is the largest polluter in the US.

It's something different to do. You can't experience what you do in the military anywhere else (obviously) and anything that tries to imitate it is just gay. It's totally different when you have gone through all the bs and see what the military is all about, I've made some great friends there (some of which have died in Iraq, RIP) which are stronger friendships than I ever made here at home. You're in a different situation all together, it's life or death and that's when you really see what you've experienced first hand. Maybe I can't really explain it, I'm glad I did.

I don't see why anyone would want to join the military, sure not all people will get combat positions but the knowledge that I could be sent to a warzone would bother me. Not to mention I really don't think I could support any group that is the largest polluter in the US.

It's about the money most of the time. You get full benefits, no taxes on base, and a whole lot of other great crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.