Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mort, I hate to say it, but it sounds to me that you're too worried about what other people think. Sounds like you've got some social pressure happening or something, or who knows, maybe you're still trying to figure out where you feel confortable (and nothing is wrong with that).

If one is true lover of metal (including it's culture) you would realise it's not a negative stereotype. It's an almost private, yet community based thing, we support our bands, artists etc, metal touches us all in a very personal way, and it is only us who truly understand how.

Go to gigs and you see how people care for each other, look out for each other etc. Man, you don't see that much in other scenes.

The herds around us, living their bull shit materialistic lives have no concept of true community like underground scenes do (and let's face it, in the eye of the masses, the metal community is still underground).

Metal has idiots in it like any social culture does, that's unavoidable. But don't presume that we're all like that. I think you need to dig deeper, it's a positive community, not a negative one. Fuck the stereotype, you KNOW it's not real, so why are you letting stupid sheep dictate your personal expression? Fuck them all.

Alright, now that I've got the time I can respond to this properly. I don't really think I'm afraid of what people think, nor do I have social pressure telling me to be ashamed of the metalhead way, and I think it is misunderstood what I mean. I don't associate with the term metalhead, due to the misconstrued meaning that the world has of it, and I taken on gladly just the simple "metal fan."

I don't view it as a "bad" thing to be a metalhead and to live by the "metal way" and I do support it, but I try to keep those misconceptions away from me so that the metal world as a whole can be seen in a further good light, which is increasingly possible due to the popularity of bands such as In Flames, Dragonforce, and other such "mainstream" bands, as well as the Metallica and other "big four" bands. I don't perpetuate the stereotype, I don't use the word associated with the stereotype, I help keep the idea of metal being a horrible and evil thing away at least in some few people.

to semi-quote Serge, "a girl in love can never be disgusted". there's no big trick, and lying is fine in the beginning, because if anybody actually knew the truth about anybody nobody would get laid. you lie to make them comfortable, then you get in their head, then you start telling all the ugly truths, and if they haven't run screaming by the first couple revelations, you win.
Cool.:) Though I don't think I'd do that myself if I was trying to get a girl, but what do I know, I don't have dating experience.:)

On an ugly scale one through ten would give the circus freak regina a 14. I hope she gets abducted by a psychopath.

If their is a new ring movie she should play the creepy chick that creeps everyone out~

!

Status
Not open for further replies.