Official video game thread - what are you playing?!

I don't play anything really "new". The last few games I've played:

Supreme Commander (PC)
Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
X-Men Legends II (PS2)
Dragon Warrior 4 (NES/emulator)
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)

Brilliant! I just finished that one off this past spring/summer. First time I actually made it all the way through. Loved it.

I love the new controller.. especially the headphone jack - I hate using bluetooth headsets when playing online.. this way you can plug any compatible headset into the controller without having to worry about pairing or charging.

How is Knack? I've been watching some livestreams of the play and it looks a lot better than the reviewers called it.

TDD - glad to hear you got it working. Nobody deserves a broken console. :(

The PS4 controller imo, is arguably the comfiest gaming controller since the SNES controller (srs).

You liked the SNES over the DualShock iterations? I haven't held a PS4 controller, but all iterations of the DS line have been pretty awesome imo.

You liked the SNES over the DualShock iterations? I haven't held a PS4 controller, but all iterations of the DS line have been pretty awesome imo.

The DualShocks were always nice. Nothing innately wrong with them, but they were never a joy to use or anything. If anything, I always thought the Gamecube controller was always a superior design. Both are better than the Xbox iterations though.

Even though it didn't have an analog stick, the SNES controller is straight up flawless imo. Everything about it is and always has been perfect for the variety of games among its library. With many controllers that came before it, and came after it, there was always some issue that you sort of had to "work past" or jump over. With the PS4 controller, there's pretty much no setback at all. Even the touch stuff is insanely intuitive and isn't obtrusive at all.

My PS3 just gave me the blinking red light of death about a week and a half ago.

Most. Covenient. Time. Ever. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Unless you're willing to fork over 600 bucks on ebay, or get insanely lucky at Walmart or Target or whatever, good luck finding a PS4 before Spring bro. Black Friday is going to be a straight up massacre and will easily deplete the PS4 supply run haha.

Black Friday is going to be a straight up massacre and will easily deplete the PS4 supply run haha.

627.jpg

It's coming...

Unless you're willing to fork over 600 bucks on ebay, or get insanely lucky at Walmart or Target or whatever, good luck finding a PS4 before Spring bro. Black Friday is going to be a straight up massacre and will easily deplete the PS4 supply run haha.

Not to mention you won't be able to play most of your PS3 library on the PS4.

I've started playing Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning. I'm kinda glad I got it as a part of PS+ rather than buying it, because while it kinda hits the spot for action RPG on a console, it is pretty generic. And oh the side quests...

TDD - glad to hear you got it working. Nobody deserves a broken console. :(

The PS4 controller imo, is arguably the comfiest gaming controller since the SNES controller (srs).

Yep. HDMI fix. Pressed it gently then reinserted the cable. Before, it must have only gone about halfway through.

ACIV turned up. :kickass:

Out of curiosity, are any of you dumping money on, the so far vaporware, Star Citizen? I've got some friends who are dumping tons of money into it. I just can't justify it without at least reading some reviews of the finished(ish) project.

Isn't the star citizen guy doing like $20,000 donation tiers where if you pay you get "citizenship" in the game or something? IMO sounds so scummy. I'm not sure why they're trying to turn it into EVE Online - they could have just made another space flight sim like the old Wing Commanders and people would've been stoked.

Assassin's Creed IV for PC. I'm not wild about the Kenway story line so far, but the rest of the game is stellar. Every iteration of AC so far improves upon the gameplay.

Bought Bioshock Infinite for ten bucks on a Steam sale. So far pretty cool!

I'm really interested in this game, but I despise first-person shooters. I might eventually play it anyway.

I'm really interested in this game, but I despise first-person shooters. I might eventually play it anyway.

I'm not a fan of them either, but I got the first Bioshock cheap and enjoyed that; I skipped the second because so many people said that it sucked. I've played Infinite for about an hour and it's definitely fun/interesting.

Was gonna get a PS4 or XBox One, but then I installed Daggerfall and started playing EverQuest on Project1999. Current-gen console gaming just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Yeah I'm aware of the situation. It's just really lazy and wasn't well thought out. And on top of all of that, Nintendo would have made alot more money if it put those titles out normally.

Well, remember that JRPGs not called Final Fantasy are niche products in this country. Also, generally Nintendo doesn't have much experience with JRPGs. (and no, Zelda isn't a JRPG.)

That being said, seems as though Nintendo learned from its mistakes in a big way - especially given that they themselves are running Dragonquest X's servers in the US, publishing Bravely Default here when Square Enix refused to do so, and will actually be releasing "X" here.

Not to mention Nintendo getting cozy with Atlus, working out international publishing deals for their games and of course the upcoming SMT/Fire Emblem crossover for the WiiU.

Speaking of that, I gave myself the gift of a 3DS XL this black friday, which I've been using to play Fire Emblem: Awakening. I also have SMT IV and the new Zelda waiting in my backlog.