opeth and tool

If you can listen to "Jerkoff" or "Bottom" and fall asleep, I wander how good your earing actually is.

Tool are progressive... and calling them an alternative rock band would be about right but how does that equal nu-metal? If a band was around before the concept even came into play, how can you group them together? Calling Tool nu-Metal is like calling Opeth pop music... it makes me scratch my head. And now this corporate rock mentioning is just bullshit. You've got your terminology confused. Is any band that avoids giving interviews and having their pictures taken for ten years and then becomes successful labeled as corporate rock?

death bearer you label things very unwisely

You're untitled to your opinion however ignorant you are of other progresive bands..Tool are commercially acceptable (on there own terms) progressive nu-alternative hard rock/nu metal..)Opeth are a progressive death doom band..Any questions..? Opeth are even at thier worst FARRR more progressive than Tool..The bands I mentioned before are FARR more evloved and technical than Tool..Many bands in the doom genre evoke more atmsophere and emotion than corperate and boring Tool..Labels I hate labels in music...Hails..-l-

I love Tool :D. They were probably the band that led me into intelligent music, which brought me to metal.

I think, however, Tool and Opeth would be a bad concert.
I would like to see Tool with Pearl Jam and Deftones.

Opeth...a tour with Dark Tranquillity and My Dying Bride would be crazy and amazing.

Tool's name gets mentioned on MTV, so it MUST be nu-metal :rolleyes: .

Really, Tool are far better and far more original and far more intelligent than any nu-metal band.

Labels I hate labels in music
Which is why you label tool as numetal?

Numetal implies that it's metal, Tool isn't metal, which you've said yourself. However Tool is classified doesn't even matter anyway, if it's good it's good. By the way, Candiria can't even be compared to Tool, they do completely different things. I have a hard time taking you seriously when you can barely type in English.

I don't think Tool and Opeth would be a good show, Tool draws too large of an audience to play with a small band like Opeth. I agree that Opeth with My Dying Bride or Bloodbath would be awesome :)

I've seen Tool live :)

I love both bands....don't listen to Tool much nowadays but just heard AEnima again incidentally...such a good album.

i went to the tool concert in sydney.

maynard has such a good voice the performance was excellent.

i was really impressed, i love both tool and opeth for different reason. i think opeth are the better band tool are interesting.

Tool really bore me, Undertow was crap, Lateralus was worse and Aenima was a half-decent album but what the hell is so special about them to give them the absolutely huge fanbase that they have? If you've heard one Tool song you've heard them all..now let's go kids, let's play spot the difference between Sober and Schism!

I JUST saw Tool with MESHUGGAH
fucking great show
but really weird, because I love Meshuggah too, and I was going nuts during the whole time, I don't mosh, but the whole floor was pretty crazy, and then Tool comes out and it's this spaced out more calm vibe to it, really weird
By the way my top two bands are:
1.Opeth
2.Tool

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
Tool really bore me, Undertow was crap, Lateralus was worse and Aenima was a half-decent album but what the hell is so special about them to give them the absolutely huge fanbase that they have? If you've heard one Tool song you've heard them all..now let's go kids, let's play spot the difference between Sober and Schism!

omg ignorance is bliss.

those songs are totally different. sober is a great song.

you do realise what tool fans would say about opeth....

same old formulae used over and over again.

Originally posted by jester00
omg ignorance is bliss.

those songs are totally different. sober is a great song.

you do realise what tool fans would say about opeth....

same old formulae used over and over again.

How am I ignorant? I have Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus and I used to like Tool until I started listening to artists from the same genre like Radiohead and My Bloody Valentine who just piss all over Tool in the creativity stakes. All of Tools albums just sound the same, don't get me wrong they have their moments of genius..but whenever they do come up with a good idea it's usually displayed in every single fucking song.

The Tool side-project "A Perfect Circle" are superior in every single way..infact I'll listen to them right now!

The Tool side-project "A Perfect Circle" are superior in every single way..infact I'll listen to them right now!

They're both boring.:)

How am I ignorant? I have Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus and I used to like Tool until I started listening to artists from the same genre like Radiohead and My Bloody Valentine who just piss all over Tool in the creativity stakes. All of Tools albums just sound the same, don't get me wrong they have their moments of genius..but whenever they do come up with a good idea it's usually displayed in every single fucking song.

ill keep it simple for you.

i dont care how many albums you have, to compare schism and sober is ignorant.