Opeth down under

You are telling me!!!

Man my parents are going to kick me out of the house for it because they don't want me to go, but wtf, I'm NOT going to miss Opeth for anything! :headbang:

Hopefully it's not R18, then i'll be f$#ked.... :yell:

Im excited as hell - best news for a long time! Opeth in NZ is something ive wanted for a long time, but not had much confidence in actually happening, so just a big thank you to the guys..bring on April!

Fe Maiden said:
You are telling me!!!

Man my parents are going to kick me out of the house for it because they don't want me to go, but wtf, I'm NOT going to miss Opeth for anything! :headbang:

Hopefully it's not R18, then i'll be f$#ked.... :yell:

Sorry dude, I'm almost 100% sure it WILL be R18... St. James almost always is.

Have opeth come to nz in the past?
Indeed this is very exciting news, for this will be the first opeth show i attend. Looking forward to April!

Just keep in mind Melburnians, it's quite possible that one of the shows will be underage.. Possibly on that Sunday afternoon.. It may not be, but it is definitely a possibilty.. Either that or all ages, 'cause they'd have more chance of selling that one out..

Why on earth would they not want you to go?!

Meh because I live in Wellington and it's during a school week's Saturday... AND they are typical traditional Asian parents, I understand but I don't think they understand the importance of Opeth to me, as I said I can't miss it (unless its R18 like Funeralportrait said...), music is my soul, and Opeth is the core of it along with Maiden. Don't wanna have any regrets....

Is the forum easy to find, and not in the middle of nowhere? The corner hotel was a bit of a hole, and miles away from where i was staying.

How will I know when tickets are on sale? The place doesnt seem to have a website that I can find (im at work and not ment to be on here so I didnt look that hard)

MELBOURNE PEOPLE:
im from sydney and thinking of coming down for the 2 shows.

i have it in mind from a while back, someone told me that in victoria, the law is basically that for an underage gig, everyone has to be UNDER 18, rather than just any age? (IE: all ages gig) - is that actually the case?

also, what is the forum like as a venue? soundwise?

robb said:
MELBOURNE PEOPLE:
im from sydney and thinking of coming down for the 2 shows.

i have it in mind from a while back, someone told me that in victoria, the law is basically that for an underage gig, everyone has to be UNDER 18, rather than just any age? (IE: all ages gig) - is that actually the case?

also, what is the forum like as a venue? soundwise?

Never been to the Forum. We have all ages gigs.

-Vintersorg- said:
Never been to the Forum. We have all ages gigs.

ah right, so all ages gigs down there ARE purely that, *ALL AGES*. cool.

i swear i've heard before something about vic only having OVER 18, and UNDER 18. not all ages gigs as such.

*stands corrected*... and prays that both melbourne shows are over 18s...

^^^^
aaaaaHA!

i think that was the very show that sparked this thought, so yes...

i'll be one unhappy chappy if the 24th is purely underage *GRRRRR*

there's also a date in between sydney and brissie atm - perhaps a second sydney show pending sales of the first?

*crosses fingers*