Opeth down under

Ok, so I'm flying to Sweden on feb 13.. SO I'm gunna miss Opeth.. ok I was living with that.. Hopefully I'd catch them in Europe somewhere.. BUT NOW ... FUCKING Sigur Rós arre coming out in April aswell.. MY TWO FAVOURITE FUCKING BANDS IN THE ONE FUCKING MONTH AND OOOHHH NOO I HAVE TO GO TO SWEDEN!!! :yell: NOT FUCKING HAPPY, JAN! :cry:

Arnold Layne said:
My friend is in a metal band from Invercargill and they are pretty good, one of the few good metal bands around here. Him and the lead guitarist can actually play which makes a change for around here.

Can I ask which band? My boyfriend is in Innominado and I think they're pretty good.

Can't wait to see Opeth! Never been to Auckland either.

I'm very piped up to see them, it'll be an awesome gig :)

The Forum is quite a nice place, good atmosphere and all. I saw Joe Satriani there earlier this year, and the mix was really good, so hopefully they can do the same for Opeth.

There are seats at the back too, and if I remember correctly, possibly a balcony at the top. Not sure if they'd be used at all at a metal gig, hehe.

Anarkissed said:
I'm very piped up to see them, it'll be an awesome gig :)

The Forum is quite a nice place, good atmosphere and all. I saw Joe Satriani there earlier this year, and the mix was really good, so hopefully they can do the same for Opeth.

There are seats at the back too, and if I remember correctly, possibly a balcony at the top. Not sure if they'd be used at all at a metal gig, hehe.

thanx for that info, nice to know.

i saw satriani this year too in syd, played the same venue as opeth did on the (delayed) damnation tour...

the venues they've played in sydney are like, 2500-3000 and about 2000 previously. both sold out. apparently the venue they're doing this time is around 5000 - sales should be interesting to see...

any idea of the capacity of the forum?

Nitronium Blood said:
Only if you buy me Pie and Kebab.
frands.jpg

Holy shit this is the most exciting news I've heard in a long time!
I've always hoped (prayed) that Opeth would come to New Zealand but I never really expected it to happen!
Can't Wait!

O sweet as I know where the forum is now. Its accross from the art center right? I think i can get there no probs.

When I drove past the night Satch was playing this dude was standing outside clutching his guitar. I thought it was funny (alough he probably wanted it signed)

Hey! so can't believe I heard the greatest news ever this week, yes Opeth are coming to Auckland NZ! This is just fuken so goddamn cool!! :worship:
I bloody worship the ground they walk!! To think that they will be here in lil old NZ in April breathing the same air as us ever greatful kiwi fans just excites the hell outta me! Fuk the festive season bring on April!!!
:Spin: