Opeth fans are the fucking best ever...

BlackParagon said:
oh, man, ditches... you're right. I'm pathetic. I attack your approach to metal, you attack my entire being. Pretty cool. I'm going to go slash my wrists right now. Yeah, I was in a huff. How do you know that? You read people well. I just logged back in to tell you people that are getting offended by me that I actually do love you all, but I'm just giving you shit. In my own metal circle for many years we've given each other shit about "not being metal". You know, to keep each other in check. It's a joke. We also joke about things like "let's become Opeth groupies and suck Mike's dick". When I say the eye cannot see itself I'm saying that you are acting like one of the fan-boys that MacMoney was talking about, and I'm saying that if you are stuck in that fan-boy phase you won't be able to see it. You know, hindsight is 20-20. None of you know me and none of you know what I'm talking about. None of you understand the energy behind my words either. I don't have little wars and arguments like this in my daily life. I don't even know why I'm giving any of you an explanation. I can't believe that my fucking with you turned into you implying that I may be pathetic. Why don't you read the other version of this post, the poll. Why don't you read my post's on that thread? Why can't you see where I'm coming from? This all sounds like a plan for a Star Trek convention. So I'm giving you shit. What the fuck is the big deal about that? And what do you mean, a huff? I've got some great things going on in my life as we speak. I'm about to go see this beautiful, intelligent, artistic girl tonight. I just met her like two weeks ago. She wants to hear Opeth. Based on my description of Opeth she's practically already a fan. I've got maudlin of the Well playing. It's saturday.... Everything is smiles here. If you can't take a little Metal hazing from an old-school metalhead then maybe I really should say fuck it. Metal isn't all flowers and shit bros. Sometimes there's cruel humor involved. Cynicism is pretty damned metal as far as EVERYONE I know is concerned. I'm actually a pretty mellow, friendly dude. I've experienced a lot, a lot of horror, a lot of misery, a lot of love, a lot of happiness... When I was in the Marines eons ago, and I was hazed I took it like a man and didn't bitch about it. It doesn't need to be taken personally. And please, don't retaliate over this post okay? I have nothing but good intentions behind this. I'll just quit fucking with people from now on. That's why I hate communicating over the internet. People are practically forced to project their one ideas of what someone's motive is on to their posts. From now on I'll just read and post crucial info.

Um... okay...

Am I missing something here?? It's not like anything you said was phrased at all in a joking manner. In fact, you go on to explain that most of it was from inside jokes. I don't know what your friends joke about, so when you start talking shit I fired back.

Don't assume that everybody is in on the joke.

I think he(black paragon) is right. People take shit too seriously. Life is too short for that. Can't we all just sit back, grab a guitar, and just fuckin play?