Opeth opens for Metallica on the Fall Tour

Would Opeth opening for Metallica be a positive or negative?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Would you go and see the show? Personally I would. Opeth's musicianship is far better than Metallica, but the exposure would be fantastic. Say what you want about Metallica, but they sell out ever show they do.

P.S. Sorry about the yes or no as the reply, I meant to say positive or negative on the poll answers, but I could not edit it after I posted it.

:zombie:Would Opeth opening for Metallica be a positive or negative?

how is this a yes/no question?:zombie:

iv never seen metallica live, so i think i would end up going. But if it was opeth opening for any other band not tool. Id probably sit it out, and wait for a headlineing show

I'd go mainly for Opeth, but I'd be interested in hearing what Metallica sounds like live nowadays, though I wouldn't be expecting much really.

No way. Metallica would look terrible after Opeth were finished with their set, unless they cocentrated on ONLY their older stuff (I'll say up to black album). and only 1 or 2 songs from black album.

Besides, 1) Metallica would REALLY jack up ticket prices, and 2) They only like the crap-ass nu-metal bands bands opening up for them.

i think metallica is out of their new metal love phase. They are probably into the "core metal slightly emo" phase right now in terms of who will tour with them. Like bullet for my valentine, or trivium

..the only real positive I can think of is how many more people would get to hear Opeth..I have to say that one of the BEST shows I've ever seen was Metallica at the start of the "justice for all tour"..that was the last time they played a venue as small as the hammersmith odeon in London. When they came back to London at the end of the tour, they were playing Wembley....all downhill from there imho.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNMzWCOEFfU[/ame]

The exposure would be great, but Metallica absolutely sucks. As others have stated, they would have to play their old stuff.

This is a question that shouldnt be asked. My answer is a resounding YES! say what you will about Metallica but live they are still absolutely superb; i saw them last year at Wembley and they were godlike, so them + Opeth on the same bill for me is a match made in heaven.

It would only be positive as far as I would be concerned.Maybe just maybe,Opeth would truely get the recognition they have always deserved.Though to be fair I agree with some opinions that Metallica are nowhere as good as they used to be.

I don't know if Opeth can get a lot of converts live. Hell, it took me at least 5 or 6 times listening to Still Life all the way through before it "clicked" with me (5 years ago, I quickly bought all of their albums). If I had never heard Opeth and then heard them live I would hope that I would see how amazing they are but I don't know...

Everyone loves to hate Metallica... is it because how far they've fallen or is it a jealousy thing because they got so big? For me I could never hate a band that could write Lightning, Puppets and Justice. I don't like the new stuff, so I don't listen to it.