Opeth opens for Metallica on the Fall Tour

Would Opeth opening for Metallica be a positive or negative?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think it's a matter of hating them, at least not for me. I love their old stuff. Kill'em All to ...And Justice were awesome. Black was bearable. I think they just lost a lot of respect because of the whole Napster mess, as well as (you gotta admit) they're putting out shit these days. They've lost their creative spark. Their really new stuf sounds like high school garage band music. I keep waiting for their dad to come out and tell 'em to knock off the racket!!:lol:

Seriously, though, their old stuff was legendary and their new stuff is :puke:.

I don't know if Opeth can get a lot of converts live. Hell, it took me at least 5 or 6 times listening to Still Life all the way through before it "clicked" with me (5 years ago, I quickly bought all of their albums). If I had never heard Opeth and then heard them live I would hope that I would see how amazing they are but I don't know...

Everyone loves to hate Metallica... is it because how far they've fallen or is it a jealousy thing because they got so big? For me I could never hate a band that could write Lightning, Puppets and Justice. I don't like the new stuff, so I don't listen to it.

I have much respect for Kirk, but James and Lars are just fucking dickheads, at least Cliff Burton isn't here to see what a fucking joke this band has become.

The funny thing is Metallica raps up their European Tour in late August. This is perfect timing to head-up the U.S. tour in September, which is also the time Opeth will be hitting up the states for their Watershed Tour. WTF.

I would go in a heartbeat. Metallica may be a shadow of their past glory, but I'd still love to see them live. And having Opeth open would make it an incredibly kick-ass show.

I think Metallica is pretty far from Opeth.
Most of the fans like the 'underground' scene Opeth has built.
Metallica is very commercial...I dont know what to think about that.

How about... Opeth opening on a co-headlining Maiden/Priest world tour?!

Or just a Maiden/Priest tour.
Or just a... sigh, never mind. These are all just dreams.

Love the Metallipeth idea, though.

I think Metallica is pretty far from Opeth.
Most of the fans like the 'underground' scene Opeth has built.
Metallica is very commercial...I dont know what to think about that.

You're aware that Metallica reached 10 times the success that Opeth has through this so called "underground"?

Wow, that must be such an honor for Opeth, opening for the biggest heavy metal band of all time. Amazing, I would love to see one of those shows. I'd also love to hear Hetfield's thoughts on Opeth and Mike's input on Metallica after the tour.

Me too. Does Hetfield like teh growlz in his music?
I'm pretty sure he said once in an interview that he doesn't listen to death metal so I don't know, but since Opeth are so far beyond death metal I guess he'd at least find them interesting. Mike has hinted some times that he likes the Justice album and Metallica's on his list on MySpace so I guess he'd be glad to meet those guys. I know I would.
I'm interested in knowing what those guys would think of each other because they're both musicians that I absolutely love.

You guys are way overestimating Hetfield's interest in music. I think they stopped giving a shit a long time ago.

I can't believe the vote is as close as it is. It'd be a fucking travesty if Opeth had to open for that bunch of asshats.

That would be amazing, of course I'd go. Two of my favorite bands.

+1

Metallica, Opeth, Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree are my four favorite bands. Two of the four in one show would definitely get me out!

That means I'd get to see Opeth and Dream Theater this month and Opeth and Metallica later on in the year. That works out extremely well for me!!! :headbang:

well Opeth should play these songs:

1.The Moor
2.Heir Apparent
3.The Lotus Eater
4.Ghost of Perdition
5.Deliverance
6.Bleak
7.The Night And The Silent Water
8.Forest of October
9.When
10.Demon of the Fall

and Metallica should play these songs:

1.The Ecstasy of Gold
2.A New Song
3.Another New Song (enough with new songs)
4.Wherever I May Roam
5. ...And Justice For All
6.Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
7.Fade To Black
8.The Unforgiven
9.Sad But True
10.Blackened
11.Master Of Puppets
12.Creeping Death
13.Nothing Else Matters
14.One
15.Battery