Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hate some Opeth songs, not because they're so bad that I hate them, but they're so bad for Opeth is why I hate them.

Patterns in the Ivy - No.
Weakness - Why not end the album with the awesome outro song Ending Credits? Why?
Atonement - Not a bad idea (not a very good idea either) but the effect on Mike's vocals makes me sick. It sounds like there's some water in his throat and he's talking through it. I can't stand it. Just recalling it makes me sick.
Grand Conjuration - Too simple for Opeth.
The Amen Corner - I think this song is rather unremarkable despite its powerful intro.
Benighted - Bores me.
Porcelain Heart - Good riff, but too simple.
Face of Melinda - Just kidding, asshole. This song kicks your ass multiple times. The second part... what a riff. WHAT A FUCKING RIFF. Did Mike come up with that one? The most creative riff I've ever heard. So awesome.

remove corner from that list before i molest some of the more attractive females in your family

I don't find Porcelain Heart all that amazing, though the middle acoustic part I do like. I also think Wreath has some great riffs but is just far to repetitive. By the Pain I See In Others is also kinda lame but those are all I can think of. All the other Opeth songs are true masterpieces. When you've released NINE fucking records you're bound to have a few slip ups.

basically, but what can you expect from opeth's own forum.

anyways, opeth songs i dislike:

- weakness
- the grand conjuration
- nectar

opeth songs i hate:

- porcelain heart

he isn't trolling. this forum's members really have to grow up and quit acting like little bitches. for every person who thinks "opeth rulz they are the best they never get old they're flawless" there's also going to be a person who thinks that opeth has flaws and that they aren't the second coming.

it's almost like if you don't blow the band every chance you have, it's "flaming" or "trolling". he obviously likes opeth, so what the hell is this "trolling" nonsense.

How can anyone hate a song by a band whose failures other groups can only one day hope to achieve? Even Into the Frost of Winter is better than a good half of the well-known black metal drivel. The Internet dumbs down words like hate.

Also philno and lucifuge are both right.

For fucks sake, you guys are killing the forum with this pointless arguing.

Some people like all Opeth songs.
Some people dislike some Opeth songs.
Some people hate some Opeth songs.

Who cares? Yelling at them won't change their minds. It's all taste and opinion, and if you try and change theirs, the only person who is wrong is you.

Black Rose Immortal - Just cut every segment of it into a song of its own and it's awesome. As it is, it's a disjointed 20 minutes that feels very Ctrl+C Ctrl+V.

yeah but it's still all one lyrical story with separate movements so to speak...so then you'd have long track names like "Black Rose Immortal Part IV - Lullaby Of The Crescent Moon" and that'd also be annoying.

Nope, I can't say I hate any Opeth songs. There are a lot I still find mediocre, though, especially older songs.
One part I can say I HATE, though, is Advent at 9:30 - 10:00. Awful.

i have an extreme love/hate thing going on with johan - that's the bassist who plays on that album. this is a prime example of one where i can't decide.

i personally dislike "silhouette". and that's about it. there are parts of songs i don't like, like how the spastic intro of "godhead's lament" totally disrupts the mood of "the moor", or like how the part of "porcelain heart" that sounds like grand conjuration just magically fades in after the acoustic lull. oh and i hate most of the "bonus rehearsal tracks from years ago which sound like a toilet flushing."

i can't decide about weakness. it's good, but i do agree that it's misplaced. it's one of those kind-of-bonus tracks that lurk around at the end of an album.

believe it or not, i actually like the sound of atonement, and with its placement in the album the length doesn't bother me. :-D

i just read the posts above mine... wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.