Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate th eleber affanity coz itz hevy and i cant listen to it coz itz hevy:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::erk::erk::erk::lol::lol::lol:

Uh, oh... "Common Sense and Courtesy" alert! That's not allowed here.

and yes, I'm totally joking.

since when does common sense and courtesy equate with that? i listen to albums as a whole, and if there is a weak section (which, for most albums, there usually is) it's only natural to acknowledge it. you can't love everything...

the fact is that it's not rude to react (in whichever way it is) to a piece of music. if you like it, great, if you don't, you're entitled not only to dislike it, but to communicate that also.

I don't hate any Opeth song, they are all enjoyable to listen to.

What a strange thread :lol: I can see why others don't like this forum

Well I used to hate the song, not the album, Blackwater Park a long time ago. :OMG:Don't know it was just a fucked up mix between hard and slow, didn't found a way into that song until this one day, where I took the booklet and listened really carefully to this song.
After all it were not only the delicious lyrics that catched me, but the ultimate metal riffing - I thought like "Well I should screw myself and then take a bow":worship:

I don't hate any Opeth song, they are all enjoyable to listen to.

What a strange thread :lol: I can see why others don't like this forum

So can I...because people like you stifle other people's opinions and say crap like "I dont' hate any Opeth song...LOL". Why even have forum if others cannot express their opinions? :rolleyes:

While I don't hate them, there's a few songs I don't think are that great...

Wreath: Parts are good, but a lot of it is too repetitive and boring. The rest of the album makes up for it, though.

I have to agree totally with that. I also wouldn't say I hate Wreath, but it is a bit redundant. If not for that song, I'd place Deliverance up there with Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries. (As it is, Deliverance one step down, but still good.)

Nope, I can't say I hate any Opeth songs. There are a lot I still find mediocre, though, especially older songs.
One part I can say I HATE, though, is Advent at 9:30 - 10:00. Awful.

I can hate some Opeth songs, not because they're so bad that I hate them, but they're so bad for Opeth is why I hate them.

Patterns in the Ivy - No.
Weakness - Why not end the album with the awesome outro song Ending Credits? Why?
Atonement - Not a bad idea (not a very good idea either) but the effect on Mike's vocals makes me sick. It sounds like there's some water in his throat and he's talking through it. I can't stand it. Just recalling it makes me sick.
Grand Conjuration - Too simple for Opeth.
The Amen Corner - I think this song is rather unremarkable despite its powerful intro.
Benighted - Bores me.
Porcelain Heart - Good riff, but too simple.
Face of Melinda - Just kidding, asshole. This song kicks your ass multiple times. The second part... what a riff. WHAT A FUCKING RIFF. Did Mike come up with that one? The most creative riff I've ever heard. So awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.