Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
the grand conjuration
the moor's intro is just too long i think. Im always like "ok come onnnn get to the acousticss" then when it reaches the acoustics, the rest of the song is amazing

The Bridge of Sighs cover crushes. I just love Mike's new rasp.

amen to that! i fuckin LOVE the way he sings this one! :kickass:

that said, there are no songs that i hate, i enjoy listening to all of them, but there are a few i'm not too fond of. atonement, for one. musically, it sounds ok on the album, it's just not one of my faves. i also seem to skip over silhouette whenever i listen to orchid. it's a very interesting track tho, i've always kinda wondered what some of those piano lines would sound like as guitar riffs, i wish i could play either so i could find out for myself, lol. and patterns in the ivy, i usually skip that track as well.

oh, and i'm sorry, but the ending of hessian peel, starting with the "lock the children away from harm" line, the last half of that song just goes way downhill for me...

I don't straight up hate any songs, but The Lotus Eater, and Black Rose Immortal are come to mind, along with some other songs not worth remembering.

i actually dont like MAYH all that much, so probably anything off there

banghead.gif

That is fail on so many levels.

Eternal Soul Torture, I think. It's too raw, as it's written on "Morningrise".....
And for other, it's better not to estimate what sounds greate or not. Those who are saying that : "that song sucks", they are listening only to not more two instruments in this song, but not the Whole masterpiece.
More to say, "who are you to wag your finger...." (TOOl, 10 000 Days, The Pot)

Grand Conjuration pisses me off, and I hate the end of Harlequinn Forest so much I downloaded a sound editor and deleted that section from all copies of the song on my hard drive so I wouldn't have to go to the skip button every time I hear it. I was never able to get into Orchid at all, either, just never found it interesting. There's nothing outside of Ghost Reveries I could really say I hated, though.

I could never get into Orchid or Morningrise... Not to say they are BAD, or I HATE THEM!!!!!, I just don't care for them. I prefer Still Life on up. MAYH is an excellent album, but I just can't differentiate (most of) the damn songs! I don't know why...

BUT, back to the thread, the only song I gave 4 stars on iTunes (other than some Orchid and Morningrise songs) is Wreath. It's not BAD, per se, but I just don't find particular parts of it that interesting, and some of the growls I could care less about. I never skip past it if it's on (I put my albums on repeat), but if I'm going to listen to Deliverance, I'll start off with Deliverance.

Also, I would have given Atonement 4 stars, but Reverie saves it.

Eternal Soul Torture, I think. It's too raw, as it's written on "Morningrise".....
And for other, it's better not to estimate what sounds greate or not. Those who are saying that : "that song sucks", they are listening only to not more two instruments in this song, but not the Whole masterpiece.

Eternal Soul Torture is not about being raw, it is about being just a demo record.

Regarding the thread, there are no Opeth songs that I hate. I think Opeth doesn't produce any shit, one part of their music are good songs, another are masterpieces.
Simply some fans are capricious.

Eternal Soul Torture is not about being raw, it is about being just a demo record.

Regarding the thread, there are no Opeth songs that I hate. I think Opeth doesn't produce any shit, one part of their music are good songs, another are masterpieces.

Bahadur, you are actualy right, concerning the production of shit.
In my oppinion any band mustn't put into full-fledged album demo(raw) song. what for, they already have passed the period of demo recodings. if you want the people to hear your previous works may be it's better to produce such a special record containing those songs (it's my oppinion:kickass:)

Humppa!!!
P.S. "Simply some fans are capricious." it goes to me?!?!:saint:

I am amazed to see people who do not care for mourning rise or Orchid. Those are 2 of the greatest albums ever made. Up there with Dark Side of The Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.