opeth the only death metal band some of you listen too?

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
just wondering....no need to post if it's not....or wait you could throw some other good DEATH bands to throw toward these pepes

BLOODBATH :headbang: :worship:
Hypocrisy
NILE
Death

just a few of the one's i listen too. I'll let the rest of you throw in others

They are definitely not the only death metal band I listen too. Death metal is by far my favorite sub-genre of heavy metal. Just a few of the bands I like are Morbid Angel, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Vader, Nile, Bloodbath, Cryptopsy, Gorguts, Decapitated, Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Aborted, Cattle Decapitation and many, many more.

Well, they're the only one I listen to frequently.

They were the first Death Metal band I got into, but I've gotten into others through this forum, namely Nile and Bloodbath, as well as the other genres of Doom, Drone and Black Metal.

I used to listen to a lot of death metal about ten years ago, but now there are just a few bands besides Opeth... Cynic, Death, Carcass, At the Gates, Pestilence for example, but I don't really listen to them even a bit as much as Opeth.

To be honest... they are the only death band i listen too...

tried to get into the others... but it didnt work out... Bands like Nile have great moments in their music... but overall... in my humble opinion, its really quite forgettable music...

and I know bands shouldnt be judged by their names... but c'mon.... Anal Cunt??? Cattle Decapitation???

some death metal bands (not all) seem - to me at lest - to be as much about image as britney spears and 50 cent...

edit: let me point out that I have not heard many of the bands mentioned, and I am quite a novice when it comes to death metal... At the Gates and Cynic are crazy though....

Would Orphaned Land count as death metal?

I can't say I listen to any on a regular basis but there are a few that hit my playlist every now and then.

It actually took me 3 years and about 4 attempts to finally get into Opeth. Usually had a bunch of new music on my plate and Opeth would never catch on with me despite like 5 different people always saying I had to check them out.

Anal Cunt is not death metal. Cattle Decapitation is not death metal.

Orphaned Land is not death metal (assuming you're talking about their newer stuff.)

Their are many good DM bands. People should try to expand beyond the entry-level bands however.

Black metal is better than death metal anyway though.

pretty much the only one at this point... i'm trying out others, but not really hooked on anything DM yet... so, i would have to say that it seems opeth is unique in some ways...

The only ones I listen to at least somewhat regularly would be Opeth, Bloodbath, Decapitated, Carcass, and old Sepultura.

I mean, I think those are the ones I listen to the most, but I also listen to Necrophagist, old Fear Factory, Suffocation, and Death.

Edit: forgot Morbid Angel as one of those DM bands I listen to on occasion.

I listen to plenty of death metal beside Opeth. I like Cryptopsy, Atheist, Death, Dying Fetus (amazing band), Decapitated, Morbid Angel and Nile.

Those are my favorite brutal death metal bands.

I actually can't stand Dying Fetus....I don't know why everyone thinks they're so great....as someone said earlier, some bands names are just stupid and I think Dying Fetus is one of them

I listen to other Death Metal Bands like Nile, their latest fuckin ownz! I also like Bloodbath,Gorguts, Morbid Angel and so on...

I listen to Opeth 99% of the time. The genre of the music I listen to doesn't really matter to me, but I do listen to other death metal bands. None are as good IMO.

T-Rat said:
pretty much the only one at this point... i'm trying out others, but not really hooked on anything DM yet... so, i would have to say that it seems opeth is unique in some ways...

Opeth are unique in MANY ways, heh. I listened to In flames before they started sucking, same goes for soilwork. I can sorta listen to bloodbath, but i don't often. I'm just not really that into death metal, but there's something about Opeth that makes it appealing to me. Mike also has the best growls i've ever heard. Most other people I just find their growling to be annoying, but Mike is amazing.

Opeth is the only death metal I listen to, however I do love other types of metal... progressive metal, whatever. I've just found that most death metal bands lack the kind of depth especially in the lyrics and overall compositions that Opeth have.