Opeth's Anthem?

This isnt favourite songs!! Its What song is most recognised by people that perhaps dont listen to opeth so much, that when they listen to it they can instantly tell it is Opeth. The song that sums them up in one that most people will no of.

I would say it has to be:

Deamon of the Fall,

Or

Deliverance!!

Everyone knows the deliverance riff! And everyone knows Demon as somone pointed out earlier, everyone shouts for it as the Encore!!

affinityband said:
But thats because it was the encore since like myarmsyourhearse. And deliverance....come onn...
Ok tehn!

Fair enough!

I wouldnt say Drapery Falls, Personally, not personally as in Not one of my faviourite songs but overall!

I love it however, i dont think it is!

But uhhmm, Im not sure!

Maybe Opeth are Notorious for having to many great songs, so its far to hard to decide which one is their Anthem!

Its not about favourite songss!!!!( Not just directed at you mate ) its about what would be their anthem, like led zep, whole lotta love or something. But my favourite song by led zep is babe dont wanna leave you ( i think thats what itscalled ) Drapery falls isnt one of my favrouite opet songs.

Demon of the Fall. This song was originally the most likely song to make any sort of metal compilation, and stood as an introduction of sorts to this untouchable metal demon (Tracks from earlier albums would appear (if at all) on black metal compilations (Blackened!). It's also the song they always close their live performance with. Drapery may have been a breakthrough, but this one is a trademark.

affinityband said:
But my favourite song by led zep is babe dont wanna leave you ( i think thats what itscalled )

Damn, you do seem to share my opinions most of the time! :lol:

And it's called "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You". Can't believe Plant was like....19 when he sang that shit. Fucking amazing.

Yeah, I think I like it because it's tortured. I think it's simplicity at points is brilliant, and it's actually quite mosh-worthy for a song recorded in 1969!

My brother and I thought it would be cool to let my parents hear it:

Me: Don't you think this is awesome, mum?
Mum: Not really, sounds pretty average to me

*me and brother look at each other*

David (my brother): Well, hang on a minute, the bit coming up will blow your mind!

*a minute passes, and the section referred to starts*

Me: Isn't that totally amazing?

Mum: No, the guitar playing is very immature. Put some Elvis on.

Me and David: :erk:

blimey said:
No way in hell.

Demon of the Fall, without doubt.
No one is asking which song got you hooked.
I mean its logical. Opeth's encore = Demon of the Fall. People in the audience yell = Demon of the Fall.
You'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.

Dude, couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Liquid Diamonds said:
Thinking about it... Opeths anthem is probably different for everyone...

It shouldn't be. Maybe in different countries...

An anthem should unite the fans. Like: If Opeth was a pop band, what song would be played 50 times a day on the radio.

But that's what I mean. Opeth isn't a pop band, and their music isn't based around sinles or airplay or anything like that. It's not written like that of a pop band. It's just a wealth of material that us lot have been fortunate enough to discover. An anthem should be the song that people associate with a band, right? The one that people think of when a band is name-checked? Well, with Opeth, everyone may think of a different song or section...

Ok...
I hear people shouting "Demon of the Fall" at concerts.
Opeth (like it or not) is relatively popular for Swedish metal. Case closed.

affinityband said:
I wonder what Mike thinks the Opeth 'Anthem' is. Id like to know.
Demon of the fucking fall. I can't beleive people think otherwise. Read the post above where mike says "this is our seek and destroy..." etc.