OT: Recent good movies you've seen

Alright watched Stranger Than Fiction for the first time last night (yes I watch a lot of movies, next to music it's my thing)...i was rather unimpressed with the movie. More proof that Will Farrel is much better as a supporting actor than a lead...

I just watched (last night) - The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus. Was awesome to see the people playing.

Saw Zodiac last night, real good flick however the movie was probably about 30 minutes too long for the type of movie it was. A lot of real good one liners in the flick...it was weird there were so many people there, I didn't think the Zodiac killer was that well known...

Saw Zodiac last night, real good flick however the movie was probably about 30 minutes too long for the type of movie it was. A lot of real good one liners in the flick...it was weird there were so many people there, I didn't think the Zodiac killer was that well known...

The sotry is very well known for those who were living at that time...plus it has a decent size cast and lots of advertising for it this week. Hopefully it does well, I really like David Fincher the director and I am a big Zodiac fan.

I'm guessing he's so well known cuz he's never been caught...kinda freaky, huh?

Yeap! Not that I like to glorify serial killers but he's one of my favorites because of his mystery.

I totally agree...plus the fact that he taunted he police for years. Very smart man who knew the ins and outs of not getting caught. Look how long it took them to catch the Unibomber. Then again...they thought that he was the Odiac Killer for a while. Makes you wonder if they could catch him today if it was happening now with all the technology they have.

I totally agree...plus the fact that he taunted he police for years. Very smart man who knew the ins and outs of not getting caught. Look how long it took them to catch the Unibomber. Then again...they thought that he was the Odiac Killer for a while. Makes you wonder if they could catch him today if it was happening now with all the technology they have.

It's hard to say, when you're good you're good....

I recently saw BREACH, the movie based on the true story
of a government spy trading secrets to the Russians for
20yrs. Awesome movie, very well done, yet very disturbing
that this was actually going on....highly recommended. I
think I'll actually dig in more on this and get few books
to read more about what actually was going on.

Just saw this on Saturday. Agree 100% with you. That guy who played the spy is a great actor. On the way home we talked about finding more out about it.

Watched Hard Candy last night, I highly recommend this. Basically it's a movie that revolves around two individuals who are more or less terrible people. The movie really plays with your emotions in relation to the characters. A real small cast with some of the best acting I've seen in any movie, especially from Ellen Page.

Watched Hard Candy last night, I highly recommend this. Basically it's a movie that revolves around two individuals who are more or less terrible people. The movie really plays with your emotions in relation to the characters. A real small cast with some of the best acting I've seen in any movie, especially from Ellen Page.

Hard Candy was really good but it had some moments where it is like almost impossible. That was the main issue I had with the film. There is no way that girl that age could have done all that she did on her own. I really liked it but it got a little out of whack near the end. One guy walked out screaming in the theater when I saw it last year.

Hard Candy was really good but it had some moments where it is like almost impossible. That was the main issue I had with the film. There is no way that girl that age could have done all that she did on her own. I really liked it but it got a little out of whack near the end. One guy walked out screaming in the theater when I saw it last year.

Yeah the entire story is pretty fucked up.... I guess I don't see the issue you have as really being an issue with this movie or any movie. It's fiction for a reason, it doesn't have to be something that could happen in real life however the actors need to make the audience believe that it is happening in real life and the two in this movie certainly did for me :kickass:

Yeah the entire story is pretty fucked up.... I guess I don't see the issue you have as really being an issue with this movie or any movie. It's fiction for a reason, it doesn't have to be something that could happen in real life however the actors need to make the audience believe that it is happening in real life and the two in this movie certainly did for me :kickass:

I agree...but in this type of film where it was trying to be very realistic...that world was altered by someone who would not be able to do all the things that she did. I really liked it alot but that was one of the faults I had with it.

I agree...but in this type of film where it was trying to be very realistic...that world was altered by someone who would not be able to do all the things that she did. I really liked it alot but that was one of the faults I had with it.

I do see your point. Actually I think t hat'd be hard for anybody to pull off regardless of age or gender.

Man I feel like I'm the only one hanging out in this thread anymore...I finally saw The Departed last night, given all the rave reviews of it I figure it wasn't going to hold up to the hype..it did, amazing. Jack fucking rules again...

Watch Infernal Affairs and then watch The Departed. The Departed is not as good.

That's on my list...lol..unfortunately it's got about 100 movies to go before I get to it. I honestly can't imagine it being as good as the Departed, the acting from Jack, Matt and Leo really sold this movie for me...plus I'm a bit biased towards Jack Nicholson movies.

That's on my list...lol..unfortunately it's got about 100 movies to go before I get to it. I honestly can't imagine it being as good as the Departed, the acting from Jack, Matt and Leo really sold this movie for me...plus I'm a bit biased towards Jack Nicholson movies.

Beleive me....it is better. I know what you mean. I have over 900 DVD's at home and maybe seen only half of them.