Over-rated Bands

I think there's a vast change in what has come to be considered "hardcore" over the years. I just put "hardcore"(utter shit for the most part) and "hardcore punk"(pretty awesome) as separate genres at this point.

blame it on the east coast tough guys. Agnostic Front, Cro Mags....all helped birth that shit. don't get me wrong, they're great bands, but thats where the divide between hardcore and hardcore punk happened.

midwest and west coast hardcore ftw!

listen to Kalmah - they absolutely destroy COB in every way possible (for those who are interested in COB similiar bands).

I've always felt that CoB is better at conveying an atmosphere than Kalmah. They're much better than Norther, though.

I always thought Metallica was overrated; even their older stuff is pretty dry and stale, and I HATE Hetfield's voice.

I've always felt that CoB is better at conveying an atmosphere than Kalmah. They're much better than Norther, though.

I always thought Metallica was overrated; even their older stuff is pretty dry and stale, and I HATE Hetfield's voice.

to each his own: i find no atmosphere in cob...even the older albums whereas kalmah set the tone perfectly with songs like the third, the magical to just name one example....

i think swampsong has unbelievable atmosphere.

Nevermore and Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend in general are probably the epitome of overrated in modern Metal.

SYL is a joke band so I really don't get the hate they get, not like they've ever been serious.

DT however gets about as much praise as he deserves.

If you don't see spiritual healing as being essential death metal you're deaf.

+100

Spiritual Healing set DM in a new direction, of course there are a million releases like it now, but it came first. No Death album is medicore. lol

As for Hatebreeder's Metallica comment, I didn't think Metallica's first albums sounded stale,but the 1st one sorta sounded like hair metal to me. lol

I like Nevermore, and they've put out enough exellent albums that I'm not sure they deserve that one, as for Dane's voice......you listen to Decapitated...lol!!

Most will probably say Children of Bodom is overrated, why, because most metal fans do not like anything that most people like. I am not ashamed to say, the are exceptional.

Overrated: System, Bullet, Trivium, Mudvayne, Anything NU.