Over-rated Bands

I don't think Finntroll is overrated because people on this forum barely mention them, I barely hear about them anywhere, and I forget they exist on a daily basis.

well, here in Germany, almost 90% of people who listen to metal are damn Finntroll-fanboys

DRAGONFORCE

seriously, hes a great guitarist, but every damn song sounds the same. prepare for war and fury of the storm practically have the same exact opening riff.

DRAGONFORCE

seriously, hes a great guitarist, but every damn song sounds the same. prepare for war and fury of the storm practically have the same exact opening riff.

Agreed, but Herman Li isn't really great at all...he plays everything in really small parts at a time and easily messes up, so speed doesn't really make him good at all, compared to most other metal guitarists...

Kerry and Jeff don't fuck up because the shit they play fast isn;t all that complex. lol Though that is a bit more respectable than fucking up every few seconds.

Amen brotha!!

I also agree with all the Dragonforce is overrated accusations they bore me with their fast, no rhythm or substance, guitar playing.

One band that imo is overrated that has yet to have been mentioned on here is Suffocation, they get boring very fast.

Suffocation have been mentioned in this thread and they are more often under-rated then over-rated. Given they were responsible for creating BDM they do not get anywhere near the acknowledgement as all the other bands around that plagurise them.

I wasn't looking for an internet fist fight, but you're more reasonable than others it seems. The voice on the last release the are typical gorrilla grunts of DM, inaudioable 90% of the time.

They [Decapitated] got a new vocalist if you did not know. He is OK but Sauron fit the band better.

Decapitated is probably the most overrated death metal band. I personally think they're terrible.

Is tool even a metal band ?. I don't think so.

regardless a perfect circle is better.

Alot of the bands listed here are definetly not overrated.

Well if you're looking at the stand point of all music genres; metal is probably one of the most underrated music genre in America, then that would be a true statement...If you're talking about metal's little niche, than that statement is completely false because there are plenty of overrated bands.

Ah well I still find it hard how people can think stuff like CoB, Opeth for example are overrated.

I like CoB, but as much as I hate to admit it, they are overrated. Plus they've kinda been selling out recently with AYDY.

well, here in Germany, almost 90% of people who listen to metal are damn Finntroll-fanboys

I can definitely say they contrary about America...90% of people who listen to metal barely know Finntroll.

I like CoB, but as much as I hate to admit it, they are overrated. Plus they've kinda been selling out recently with AYDY.

Your going to not believe this but CoB along with a few other melodic metal bands like Soilwork and Scar Symmetry will all get old just like nu metal, that's why a lot of people here don't like CoB.

But yea when I liked CoB Are You Dead Yet was my 2nd favorite album from them great stuff.

Imo Tool is metal, sorry.

Your going to not believe this but CoB along with a few other melodic metal bands like Soilwork and Scar Symmetry will all get old just like nu metal, that's why a lot of people here don't like CoB.

But yea when I liked CoB Are You Dead Yet was my 2nd favorite album from them great stuff.

Imo Tool is metal, sorry.

I believe it...my friend who is a part of this forum (doesn't matter who, but if you're dying to know just message me) used to be into CoB...dislikes them a lot these days.