People with shorter hair.

It takes a lot longer to wash and also more shampoo. It takes longer to comb because it snarls daily and at the end of every morning I have a big pile of hair on my desk. Unless I have it tied up it's ALWAYS in my way, whether it be with reading, eating, or even showering. Stray hair is constantly littering my floor, eventually forming into copious "Loose Hair Tumbleweeds". Every morning it's like I have to walk around with a towel attached to my head that takes two hours to dry. I can't get past the social restrictions and awful noise of being a man using a hair dryer. So I have Wet Back Syndrome every morning. I could go on a lot longer with all the bullshit people with short hair never have to deal with.
I dry my hair with a blow dryer every time I wash it and I'll tell it to the fuckin world. To be insecure about something like that is just ridiculous and just reinforces what else I'm about to say....

Based on this post, I'd say you've already made up your mind. You're talking like you hair is a burden for you that's detracting from the quality of your life.

Cut the fuckin' shit off and quit being so melodramatic.

I do the towel-wrap thing and leave my hair in the towel for about 10-20, depending on the rest of my getting ready for the day. After that, I brush it straigh, put on a little Fructis hair serum stuff and then blow dry it the rest of the way dry... which takes about 5-7 minutes usually. I need to blow dry my hair or it gets messy wavy and looks unkempt.
This is precisely my routine as well, except for the hair serum. I just let the towel soak up a bunch of water and then the blow drying doesn't take very long.

by the by, girls only like guys with long hair because they're all dykes at heart.

purple gold and blue, living colours every hue!

Here are my anti wave tips. I've had to fight with my hair all my life, I have the worst hair type ever and have picked the brains of many hair dressers. All though my tips are anti curl, anti frizz tips rather then anti wave.

When I was a kid my Mother got so frustrated with my hair that she literally ironed it on the ironing board on low heat and it didn't take long. It worked great! My hair is super thick so it was the quickest way of straightening it. The result was straight, shiny perfect hair that I could run my fingers through all day without a single knot. The draw back is that you need someone to iron it for you. I haven't had ironed hair since because of this LOL. your hair has to be dry for this.

The blow dry it straight method. When it's wet use one of those wide tooth brushes with the holes in the base and blow dry close to the brush as you brush downward. Hold the blow dryer in a downward motion (this one is hard to explain.) work in sections. Takes a bit but not as long as it takes to use a straightener.

A straightener is the other option, and it takes forever. Clip all your hair out of the way so you can work in sections. It's the same concept as the Iron but you do this yourself. your hair has to be dry with no gels or spray in it, or you will get the sizzle lol.

My current method is to keep it curly, and just get rid of the frizz, because everything else is a pain in the ass. It's simple, and easy. I use John Frieda's Frizz ease shampoo and conditioner, and I use Frizz ease serum. It's the only thing that's ever worked. It's not a hair gel. I use more then it says to use because my hair is really long and thick. Then I just let it dry natural. That stuff is my life saver.