please, list the bands you hate most and why

Originally posted by Nightfall Overture
Once again, this is off-topic! I now realize why the Opeth and Vintersorg forums are so huge... The Vintersorg one is even worse than this one. Ok, now you guys probably will start picking on me for whining here, but it`s getting impossible to get useful information about the band if 80% of the threads are off topic.. I guess there are other forums for such discussion.. But as I earlier stated, the Vintersorg one is even worse.. The only thing funny there is MR-V himself and his whining about illigal copying and places like AG. Urk, Vintersorg nowadays is nothing but ABBA with fuzz.

Ok, so tell me news about Opeth or something else new about them that no one here knows.

Originally posted by Rosa Negra Imortal

Ok, so tell me news about Opeth or something else new about them that no one here knows.

No excuse to overlook the chat/off topic section like you do. This particular thread is on topic since apparently everything that has to do with music is on topic, but threads like the ones you made that got moved to the chat forum are the ones he talks about, lets face it they cant be moved fast enough

I know my threads sometimes are off topic, but if the problem is that they're not related to Opeth, so, the Opeth forum must have to be closed until we received news about the band.
You know, this forum is about Opeth, so, let's talk only about Opeth, ok? It's not permitted to talk about other bands or other music styles either, it's ok for you all?

Dont look at me, i was one of the people who rejected the idea of 2 forums with a lot of energy, im just telling you the reasons. I agree with you actually, im just telling you what your typical close minded Opeth fan thinks.

Ok. Here goes:

Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Slipknot
Nickelback
Staind
The Calling
Spineshank
Puddle Of Mud
POD
Incubus
Pain Of Salvation
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Backyard Babies
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Misteltein
HammerFall
etc

What´s wrong with you people who hate Slayer? Fuck off! What would the brutal metal we all love be without Slayer? Nothing.

Actually, "brutal" metal would be here regardless of Slayer.

Bands I hate the most:

Linkin Park: Shallow/childish lyrics, simple riffs, no melody, rap, boy band style singer.

Nirvana: Most overrated band ever, the kind of guitar work you'd expect from a heroin junkie, the kind of songwriting you'd expect from a crackhead.

Korn: They're refered to as original, but they're not. They've been writing the same song over and over for five albums. The lyrics are whiney, and show limited vocabulary. Downtuned power chords with no melody get borring after a while.

Godsmack: The most generic sounding band I have ever heard.

Slipknot: Same riff used in every song. Sound like shit live. Overuse of the word 'fuck.'

Metallica: Dumbed down their sound to appeal to the masses.

Good man Pieguy, I agree with all of that 100% :)

As for the thread, I don't really see how it doesn't belong here, but I suppose seeing Negra post so many threads, and half having hardly any musical relevance, I can see how this can get annoying.

I don't much mind some of these posts, if they ALL were in Off Topic, the board would get even more flooded than it already is, and people would still bitch. If it's musicaly related, maybe it should go on GMD, but if it's here, just let it be.

Oh yeah, all of them in general get annoying, I did agree that he/she should calm down about them, but some of them do have musical relevance, and he/she is definatly not the only one who does/did this.