Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Insidious - 8/10

What a cool fuckin movie! Great atmosphere, acting, pacing, sound and on top of all of it, just the right amount of humor to make the creepy shit even creepier.

I've had "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" stuck in my head all weekend

THANK YOU!!! everrrrybody i went with said it sucked and I was like what the fuck movie were you guys watching? I went in not knowing what to expect but after like a half hour or so I was like "okay, I see what they're going for" and from there i thought it was great!

Great cinematography, great atmosphere and like you said, just the right amount of comedy infused. Hardly any really, the only comedic relief were those two guys. It wasn't like evil dead or dead alive where it just got plain ridiculous. To be honest , I can't stand horror/comedies like that although drag me to hell was cool.

Anyway, I just dont think a lot of people will "get it" in terms of what they're trying to achieve. It wasn't the greatest movie of all time but at least it's something...fucking...different. They could've just wrote another possession movie, but they didn't. The storyline was actually thought out and given a real reason besides the boring old demon-takes-over-a-kids-body.

come on, a dictaphone built into a gas mask. That's bad ass!

Alien, in full 1080p glory :kickass:

10/10, of course :) One of my all-time favourite movies. It was an extreme pleasure to see it in such sharpness! In some of the scenes, the picture quality looked as good as brand new films! Not bad for a 32-year-old classic :)

Inland Empire - What a fucking head trip! I don't know where to begin!

Let me boil on this, I don't know where I stand in this yet.

There Will Be Blood - nice 7, very enjoyable.

I really need to get Alien 1 through 3 on bluray...

I think DVD compression has skewed people's perspective on what older films ACTUAL visual quality is like. DVD Grain does not equal FILM GRAIN. I mean.. 2001: A Space Odyssey on bluray looked far nicer to me than most modern movies do!
But yes, Alien is a fantastic film!!! very well paced and suspenseful!

and Jorge, a tip to you! don't even begin to try and figure out what inland empire "means" or how the plot "works"
when the film was being made, david lynch was writing scenes very night and taking them in to film the next day with no idea of how it would fit together in the end. the subconscious gets... eh... caught on certain ideas and themes over certain periods. it makes perfect sense once you stop trying to approach it from a more rational point of view.

Alien 1 is a stunning movie... One of the best suspense/thriller films I've ever seen. 2 was a great action movie, 3 I didn;t much like, and Resurrection had some strange, but kind of interesting moments...

Thought Aliens sucked and loved Alien 3... I like to pretend Resurrection doesn't exist.

Haha, Aliens was a weird one. I do like it, but I definitely preferred it when I was younger, I'm not a fan of Cameron's directing at all... It's just cool to see what had happened to the planet in the time Ripley was asleep.

3 and Resurrection were both odd films to me... 3 had an interesting idea, but it really didn't feel wholly realised, and the second half of the film just felt like the script was entirely composed of "fuck" :lol: 4 I used to like as a kid, but the more I see it the more it pisses me off.

THANK YOU!!! everrrrybody i went with said it sucked and I was like what the fuck movie were you guys watching? I went in not knowing what to expect but after like a half hour or so I was like "okay, I see what they're going for" and from there i thought it was great!

Great cinematography, great atmosphere and like you said, just the right amount of comedy infused. Hardly any really, the only comedic relief were those two guys. It wasn't like evil dead or dead alive where it just got plain ridiculous. To be honest , I can't stand horror/comedies like that although drag me to hell was cool.

Anyway, I just dont think a lot of people will "get it" in terms of what they're trying to achieve. It wasn't the greatest movie of all time but at least it's something...fucking...different. They could've just wrote another possession movie, but they didn't. The storyline was actually thought out and given a real reason besides the boring old demon-takes-over-a-kids-body.

come on, a dictaphone built into a gas mask. That's bad ass!

yup, really dug this. Might go see it again this weekend. And you're absolutely correct about the style of humor ... it was more like "American Werewolf in London" style humor .. dark and a bit more situational as opposed to goofy but very effective. That scene in the baby's room fucked me up for a minute, felt my piss go cold :D

The Killing (series pilot)...9/10

Not technically a movie but still it was really impressive and I thought I should mention it. I have my doubts that the quality is going to be consistent throughout the rest of the season, but these two first episodes were the best 1,5 hour of television I've seen in years. The premise is quite similar to "twin peaks" but it's much darker and gritty.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - 8/10

Been a long time since I watched this one. Lethally funny, my girlfriend put this on as a casual background movie and I couldn't contain myself through most of it, even while she was trying to instigate intimacy on the couch.

Loses a point because of the dip in amusement toward the end, and another point because it blinded me to sexy-time.

^heh!

I had this feeling you would chime in. It is a great movie, I just had to knock off a couple points for humor I didn't get.

First time around, I might give it another go. ;)

What can I say? Some of subtle stuff escaped me after the fact . . . I did go into it blind, on popular demand. I really didn't know what it was about before watching.

The Killing (series pilot)...9/10

Not technically a movie but still it was really impressive and I thought I should mention it. I have my doubts that the quality is going to be consistent throughout the rest of the season, but these two first episodes were the best 1,5 hour of television I've seen in years. The premise is quite similar to "twin peaks" but it's much darker and gritty.

I loved this too. AMC has the best shows on TV - period.