Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

^heh!

I had this feeling you would chime in. It is a great movie, I just had to knock off a couple points for humor I didn't get.

First time around, I might give it another go. ;)

What can I say? Some of subtle stuff escaped me after the fact . . . I did go into it blind, on popular demand. I really didn't know what it was about before watching.

It takes a few watches, and it's worth it.

Jeff

The Rookie 8/10 :lol:
Was racking my brain recently as to what movies I watched on HBO when they had their premiere movie things for the weekends during my early teens in the 90's. I remembered the Clint Eastwood buddy cop film The Rookie and it brought back memories of always waiting for them to drive the BMW out of the building before it exploded. It was Charlie Sheen before the "Tiger Blood" and Clint playing another character with a Polish last name. And full of cheese and cheese. Oh, and Raul Julia as a German. Oh, and a groovy score by Lennie Niehaus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystery Team (on Netflix streaming) 8.5/10 - Fucking hilarious, for those that don't know, this was the feature-length movie produced by the Derrick Comedy group, who made their name as yet another youtube comedy team (but IMO one of the very best). This was their most popular vid (and also one of the funniest)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, nice to see some Kubrick love here..
I still have yet to watch my copy of Eyes Wide Shut... Perhaps tonight is the night? \m/

Just watched Hot Shots Part Deux, what a classic!!
"War, it's faaantastic!"

Eyes Wide Shut is awesome IMO. That damn piano will get stuck in your head for days. Fuck, I can hear it now.

Wicked movie, lots of tit's, ass and sex for a bonus.

Adaptation was fucking rivetting, what a beautiful movie! An amazing study of suffering from your art and the insanity that can come of it and the orchid as a symbol!

And yeah, bit worried about watching Eyes Wide Shut, 3 hours of Tom Cruise getting naked, but it's a Kubrick so I am sure it is a masterpiece! I have seen chunks of the ritualistic orgy scene in various conspiracy-related videos on youtube while trawlin' the webz one day, very atmospheric.. So I am looking forward to a viewing. Still haven't watched, I figure if I'm gonna session a Kubrick I should wait for some greenery to turn up...

Eyes Wide Shut is awesome IMO. That damn piano will get stuck in your head for days. Fuck, I can hear it now.

Wicked movie, lots of tit's, ass and sex for a bonus.

+ 100000.

What a fucking great movie. Many extremely memorable scenes and great acting all round; and of course, the titties :popcorn:

Also, need to watch Hobo with a Shotgun. Looks awesome.

Just watched The Town. I enjoyed it. 7.5/10

Adaptation was fucking rivetting, what a beautiful movie! An amazing study of suffering from your art and the insanity that can come of it and the orchid as a symbol!

And yeah, bit worried about watching Eyes Wide Shut, 3 hours of Tom Cruise getting naked, but it's a Kubrick so I am sure it is a masterpiece! I have seen chunks of the ritualistic orgy scene in various conspiracy-related videos on youtube while trawlin' the webz one day, very atmospheric.. So I am looking forward to a viewing. Still haven't watched, I figure if I'm gonna session a Kubrick I should wait for some greenery to turn up...

for the record I don't think you ever see Tom Cruise naked in the movie. A couple underwear shots and thats really it

If that puts you more at ease I don't know

The fact that it's a Stanley Kubrick is more than enough to put me at ease, but knowing there is no Tom Cruise nakedness definitely helps

sucker punch, young gilrs in tight clothes (faptime), zombie nazis, airships, dragons and samurai warriors etc.
the movie was exactly what i've expected when watching the trailer so i wasn't really dissaponted
of the basically non existing story. i give it a 7/10.

Lolita (1962, Kubrick) Meh, 6/10

I thought it would be more, IDK, uncomfortable to watch being that it's Kubrick and all. It just left everything to the imagination where as the 1997 remake fucked you up with the visuals.

sucker punch, young gilrs in tight clothes (faptime), zombie nazis, airships, dragons and samurai warriors etc.
the movie was exactly what i've expected when watching the trailer so i wasn't really dissaponted
of the basically non existing story. i give it a 7/10.

You had me at young nazis in tight clothes

wait a minute......

but no, my girl vanessa hudgens is in it. Even if this looked like shit i'd still see it.

Lolita (1962, Kubrick) Meh, 6/10

I thought it would be more, IDK, uncomfortable to watch being that it's Kubrick and all. It just left everything to the imagination where as the 1997 remake fucked you up with the visuals.

Yeh but you're also talking 35 years difference in social issues, too. Wikipedia (not the most reliable source) says the word "fuck" didn't make it into a mainstream Hollywood movie until 1970. Kubrick did quite a bit with what he had for the time.

I really need to get Alien 1 through 3 on bluray...

They released the Alien Anthology box-set just a while ago. It has all four films in Bluray format with tons of extras... for 30 euros! :yow:

An interesting notion though, after going through all four. The picture quality goes worse and worse then newer the movie is :lol: Not to say the quality is bad by Resurrection (which is still very very good in picture quality!), but compared to each other hehe :p Which is kind of surprising. I loved the new extra long cut of Alien 3 though, with even some plot changes! Much nicer than the theatrical cut.

Yeh but you're also talking 35 years difference in social issues, too. Wikipedia (not the most reliable source) says the word "fuck" didn't make it into a mainstream Hollywood movie until 1970. Kubrick did quite a bit with what he had for the time.

True. That would explain why he went nuts with A Clockwork Orange. :p