Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

I posted in this topic recently about having given The Thing another viewing. Great, great movie \m/
Carpenter is a legend!!

I posted in this topic recently about having given The Thing another viewing. Great, great movie m/
Carpenter is a legend!!

WAS a legend ...

His approval and actual involvement as executive producer on that total ABORTION of a remake of one of THE greatest ghost / revenge movies of ALL time "The Fog" was not on inexcusable ... it was unforgivable

if you haven't seen it in a while or ever ... watch "The Fog" .. the original of course. Want to talk about tension, pacing, mood, atmosphere, acting ... THAT is the fucking movie right there. Bar none his best IMO

I would give it a solid 10/10

WAS a legend ...

Good point there dude, I am indeed aware of his fall from grace..
But still, that guy made The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China and Halloween and They Live!
Even if he is not a legend now, his legendaryness is still in there somewhere!!!

Get Him to the Greek 4.5/10

Most of it just irritated me. The Jeffery scene was absolutely hilarious and some other funny moments. Otherwise a big MEH from me.

Devil 3/10

It was a 7/10 until around halfway through, then it started to lose 1 point about every 15 minutes.

M. Knight Shyamalan needs to stop making films now. Signs was one of the best films I'd seen in years when it came out, and it's still fantastic even to this day. Devil had an horrific cast, who pissed all over an otherwise well written concept. I don't know. It's weird. It's almost like Shyamalan is some kid who's a huge Shyamalan fan, and is trying to create Shyamalan-esque movies, but doesn't quite have the budget or experience :lol: They're all just 'meh' these days.

Devil 3/10

It was a 7/10 until around halfway through, then it started to lose 1 point about every 15 minutes.

M. Knight Shyamalan needs to stop making films now. Signs was one of the best films I'd seen in years when it came out, and it's still fantastic even to this day. Devil had an horrific cast, who pissed all over an otherwise well written concept. I don't know. It's weird. It's almost like Shyamalan is some kid who's a huge Shyamalan fan, and is trying to create Shyamalan-esque movies, but doesn't quite have the budget or experience :lol: They're all just 'meh' these days.

Based on Imdb this is not exactly a Shyamalan movie. He has only written the story on which the screenplay was based.

TV series : Stargate Universe : 8.5/10

I think it's the best scifi series since Battlestar Galactica, it has NOTHING in comparison with stargate SG1 or Atlantis. It's not cheesy anymore, it's just based on the same unverse but it's more a pretext to keep the name than using the actual same myths. It's pretty obvious they inspired themselves from Battlestar Galactica : the filming, the acting, the themes, are similar, but still the series is different and interesting. In the beginning of the first season it was a little boring but the more it went the better it became, and now I just discovered Syfy does not wanna produce a 3rd season which makes it unfinished. I can't understand this decision, even if it's more expensive to produce a real space opera than crappy "not even really sci-fi" series, a TV chain named "sci fi" CANNOT not have a space opera in his programs ! Seriously this is ridiculous it only produces cheap fantastic series, and I'm so surprised they do not wanna produce that damn 3rd season. I've heard they have stopped "Caprica" too, I don't know if this one was bad (especially if you compare it to BSG) I have to watch it but it's the same thing.