Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Yeah, Prometheus was promising, and visually stunning, but the plot and the characters were soooo crap it totally killed the movie. "I'm in it for the money!!!" This dude that looks like he came out of a prison "Well yeah I'm a geologist" wut?? For the money? "I'm a geologist in an unknown planet and found a living creature, I'm gonna go ahead and poke it".

in all fairness the geologist wasn't the one who poked the creature

I just don't see how anyone can say the plot in Prometheus was crap ... it just makes no sense to me when I read that. Watched it again a couple days ago, I can't find anything to complain about in terms of the plot

I liked Prometheus, it raises many questions but those questions were raised on purpose. Hoping a sequel will help fill in the blanks. I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises last night. I'd give it a 7.5/10 maybe

To be fair, I found it hard to judge the movie itself, simply because I was so enraged by that irritating couple and the rote AVP characters.

^lol but it´s a prequel and a lot people saw it because it would answer some questions, not raising more questions with a dumb plot.

personally I love when movies piss people off because they don't wrap everything up nicely at the end and answer and and all questions raised throughout ... forces people to actually use their imagination a bit more. I think some things also become more apparent as you watch the movie several times over. I *think* I get a lot more of the underlying plot now that I've had time to really focus on the things that are said and also implied

looking forward to the sequel

^lol but it´s a prequel and a lot people saw it because it would answer some questions, not raising more questions with a dumb plot.

its NOT a prequel

the original idea started out as a prequel but it became something totally different, while still being a part of the same overall universe. It sidelines into some Alien references but it is not intended to be a prequel

Prometheus was one of the worst movies I've seen this year, Ridley Scott aping himself with zero coherency, imagination or general plot.

Whoever cut the first trailer for it was a genius though, they actually made it look like it might have been an engaging film.

Also its not really a prequel or a sequel, its like if you straight up remade Alien with CGI, different monsters and more annoying cast members.

in all fairness the geologist wasn't the one who poked the creature

I just don't see how anyone can say the plot in Prometheus was crap ... it just makes no sense to me when I read that. Watched it again a couple days ago, I can't find anything to complain about in terms of the plot

Man you cant be serious. Sure we are talking about the same movie? The intro of the movie was already a facepalm induced and pointless. It was to raise the question that the engineer was a kind of god and his sacrifice created life on earth? ARE YOU SURE?lol

I'm serious ... I don't see what the problem with any of that is considering we're talking about a science fiction movie :lol:

unless you're religious .. yeah, then I could see that opening sequence being a problem for you maybe

its NOT a prequel

the original idea started out as a prequel but it became something totally different, while still being a part of the same overall universe. It sidelines into some Alien references but it is not intended to be a prequel

But do you know that the end of the movie would star what you see in the first alien, do you realize that?

It could not be a official prequel or whatever you may call, but works like a prequel, a really weak prequel.

I'm serious ... I don't see what the problem with any of that is considering we're talking about a science fiction movie :lol:

unless you're religious .. yeah, then I could see that opening sequence being a problem for you maybe

That´s not the point, the point it´s that scene doesnt add nothing for the whole movie. The movie could start without it and wouldnt make difference.

its intended to take place before the event of "Alien" yes ... in that regard its a prequel. However, the story itself is NOT intended to be a prequel to "Alien" ... think of it as branching off from the IDEA that was originally an Alien prequel, and then at points due to its place in time it references and sets up certain things that would become the move Alien but only in a manner of running slightly parallel to that storyline. Its become its own thing from that point that had very little to do with "Alien"

That´s not the point, the point it´s that scene doesnt add nothing for the whole movie. The movie could start without it and wouldnt make difference.

I think you may not get some of the other plot points brought up throughout the movie ... fair enough .. a lot of them were pretty subtle and like I said, it took me multiple viewings to pick up on a lot of them

the opening scene is absolutely important ... its the basis for everything that happens later in the movie and I'm not just talking the basic plot point of "where do we come from?"

^ I cant agree about that. It´s all about the origin of the alien and not much more. The universe and the life creation were ideas that failed miserably IMO.

^ I cant agree about that. It´s all about the origin of the alien and not much more. The universe and the life creation were ideas that failed miserably IMO.

you can agree or disagree as strongly as you want ... but those are / were Scott's intentions for the story, as said directly by him :)

I get why it pissed some people off but I still find it difficult to accept someone saying it had no plot just because it didn't have the plot they wanted it to have but as you said, thats all IMO as well ;)

It could be, but the movie was really bad directed, the cast, the dialogues, especially the geologist that only was there for the money. But then tried to grab one of those creatures. C´mon, what sense makes this? and Charlie transformation? They could come with something better. Seemed like a bad werewolf transformation!lol

I respect your opinion but it´s not just me complaining about all the mess of the movie. The reviews are not good also. Of course in the end it´s just a matter of opinion.

Sweetnothing the last Batman was not great but man, Prometheus it´s not better also. Both were a letdown but at least batman has a plot a bit more consistent. Prometheus plot was a real mess.

The avengers is also very weak movie IMO. Captain america can join robin for the most useless superheroes in history!lol

About Batman: plot? a super evil villain that suddenly dissapears being shot by a second role in a second? Reeeeally evil and all of a sudden becomes a hurt loving person.
I loved the "Hey you have that face...like a fool you know, you're batman"
-"Ok you got me, I'm batman"
Or the "Bane broke my spine but hanging me by some dirty ropes will get me even better than before"

The rest is slooow, like the movie progressed backwards. Of course just IMO

When a dramatic moment came in "I just have to let you go" or something like that comes Zimmer "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM".

Had high hopes about it, but got frustrated instead.

Prometheus: it's not a bug hunt movie. I'm a big big big alien fan. It takes part in that universe but it has little to do with the xenomorphs. It's a religious movie, lots of references to JC.

Yes, it has cheesy moments ( THE FLUTE, the "oh alien creatures that look like penises, let's hug them) and a couple that deserves the worst of deaths but, look at it in context. Didn't found out many subtle messages at first. I found it one of those movies that keeps you thinking about what you saw.

Obviously we're talking about personal opinions here, I loved it.

And capt america and avengers are entertainment movies, and served its purpose. I enjoyed both movies a lot.

The most ridiculous scene in Batman was when he gets out of prision and arrives in gotham when the bridges that link the city were destroyed.

And of course, hard to take serious a villian that speaks like that.