Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Stepbrothers 10/10, lmao nearly through the entire film
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny 10/10 I cant belive its taken me THIS long to watch this awesome film... It had about every aspect of script/character writing that I enjoy :headbang:

Tropic Thunder - 4/10

just not very funny at all. if it weren't for Jack Black, i would have stopped watching before the halfway point.

Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny 10/10 I cant belive its taken me THIS long to watch this awesome film... It had about every aspect of script/character writing that I enjoy :headbang:

was just coming over to rate this one...

i enjoyed it so much - bought it - got in the mail a few days ago. even though - may not quite give it a 10/10 - but definitely in the 8-9/10 range.

i'm really starting to be pretty damn impressed with Jack Black's singing and his writing ability. multi-talented. was very impressed with his adlib over KG's classical guitar work in the beginning... :headbang:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzM-gCLBAs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzM-gCLBAs[/ame]

Tropic Thunder - 4/10

just not very funny at all. if it weren't for Jack Black, i would have stopped watching before the halfway point.

Yeah, I might not have rated it that low, but honestly, from all the glowing reviews I was really expecting better. I think it was Tom Cruise's character especially that really disappointed me, as all of his rants and stuff weren't even remotely clever, just the most basic and boring use of generic profanity (not like I mind profanity, I just much prefer it when it's hysterically clever, e.g. the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket) and he really could've acted like a jewish stereotype, rather than just dressing as one - totally wasted the comedic potential of the character IMO :( (and that dance part was just retarded :Smug: ) I did think almost everything Robert Downey Jr.'s character said was pretty damn funny though :lol:

Yeah, I might not have rated it that low, but honestly, from all the glowing reviews I was really expecting better...

...I did think almost everything Robert Downey Jr.'s character said was pretty damn funny though :lol:

yeah, i think that's why i rated it low. it just didn't live up to the hype. i will admit, the scene that Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller had about not going 'full retard' had me laughing.

Haha, yeah, that was pretty good, but my favorite was definitely him and Alpa's confrontations - I wish I could find a full video of my favorite scene, but this clip has a bit of it in the beginning that I still fucking love :lol:

"HOT DAMN" :lol: I just love all his mannerisms and his totally stereotype gruff jive turkey 60s/70s black guy voice :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man dude, I do not have high hopes for Holmes - my parents and I have been huge fans of the Jeremy Brett version of the character in what wikipedia tells me were called the "Granada Television adaptations" of the story ("The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"), and when I saw the trailer for the upcoming one with like fisticuffs boxing and bondage sex scenes and stuff, I was not amused. Of course I don't mind that stuff, but it has no place in a Holmes story IMO! (apparently the movie is based on some comic book version of the series which I've never heard of)

Sherlock Holmes was a pansy anyway
needs some bondage in his film to beef it up

Damn, I've heard some good things about that movie and I've been meaning to watch it but I'm really concerned because I haven't watched volumes 1-85 and I don't know if I'll be able to follow the story.
Its ok, ull be able to catch the storyline in 1 episode:oops:

lars and the real girl - 1/10
worst movie i've seen in a long time... until the next day

the spirit - 0/10

not even the almighty Samuel L Jackson could save this movie
hands down worst movie i've ever watched.

W. - 8/10

Pretty good, but really lame music, and felt more like a collection of vignettes than a movie in terms of the writing and pacing. Also, that chick from "MI:2" (Thandie Newton) played Condoleeza Rice, and while she had the look, she also had this really unappealing sorta spaced-out sneer a lot of the time, AND HER VOICE, oh my fucking god, so horribly laughably nasal and sporadic in delivery; sounded like a British actress trying to imitate CR all right! :yuk: And the guy who played Colin Powell wasn't much better, he almost reminded me of Robert Downey Jr.'s stereotype jive black guy imitation in "Tropic Thunder" in the way he tried to talk deeply :lol:

However, Dreyfuss was great as Cheney, Brolin was great as W., and my fucking man James Cromwell was great as Bush Sr. And overall it was an interesting look at the dude's life; I have to assume the filmmakers did their homework, so if it is mostly true, then it really paints a pretty sympathetic picture of W. overall (and places the blame for Iraq and other debacles on the puppetmasters Cheney and Karl Rove (who I had never really heard of until this movie)

Inglorious Basterds : 10/10

Really
Good
Movie (+ Tarantino has such a crazy style)

By the way, if you liked the action scenes, maybe you should check out Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises", another great brutal movie.