Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Ah right, thank you - Goldsmith did Star Treks I, V, and First Contact, and they're both J first names with bisyllabic last names, so I always confuse 'em :D

Ah right, thank you - Goldsmith did Star Treks I, V, and First Contact, and they're both J first names with bisyllabic last names, so I always confuse 'em :D

No problem. Actually, James Horner also reused a little motif idea from "Krull" for the main titles of "Star Trek III" if I remember correctly. Now, Jerry Goldsmith has some epic Star Trek stuff.

No problem. Actually, James Horner also reused a little motif idea from "Krull" for the main titles of "Star Trek III" if I remember correctly. Now, Jerry Goldsmith has some epic Star Trek stuff.

Hmm, wouldn't surprise me - I'm just glad I saw ST's II + III before anything else he had scored, so I can always love them as the originals! (even if they themselves may have ripped-off themes from his earlier work :loco: ) Honestly man, I have such strong emotional connections with all those movies and their music; my Dad and I used to watch them all the time when I was younger, and listen to the soundtracks constantly, so to say I'm intimately familiar with 'em would be an understatement :D They all really have great music though IMO!

'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' is on today. Read the book a few years ago and liked it so I'm looking forward to seeing what they made of it. However I'm generally suspicious when it comes to film adaptions. It seems like they make up at least 70% of what Holywood does nowadays. Most people only find out when they see the end titles.

The movie isn't anything special...a little weird, nice atmosphere. The soundtrack on the other hand is a 10/10.

6.5/10

9-movie-poster.jpg

Yeah, I know it is a classic but do I have to like because of the fact only? Don't think so.

However I'd be interested to hear what you (or others) liked about that movie.

What's there not to like? It's a visually stunning action/scifi movie with actually some depth to it's characters and plot, especially the extended cut is almost a perfect movie. My favorite of the series, though the original movie comes very close, and probably would be my favorite if I saw it first.
It's really hard for me to see anyone disliking such a masterpiece.

I can't wait to hit this thread in a few weeks when research into the streaming media website based on shitty movies I'm building for a group assignment is done.

District 9 - 8+ Well def not a typical alien movie, hope they'll make a sequel.

Gran Torino - 7+ Clint Eastwood adopting a chineese family, not bad, few hilarious moments.

DNA - 8 Seen "I am legend" and liked it? Then it's a picture for you.

Uhhh... Just watched Twilight... omg... wtf? Do I need to rate that pile of crap? It was so bad it was hilarious. The book was super cheesy but this is beyond words. That Pattinson guy is the worst actor ever.o_O

Damn Twilight is one of the worst movies I ever saw!!!!!
vampires at daylight WTF!!!!
The producers have to watch TRUE BLOOD!!!!!!!

Fucking Vampire diaries is better then this Twilight shit!!!!

1/10

But only because they used real cameras and real mics and not some mobile-phone crap:)

Inglorious Basterds : 10/10

Really
Good
Movie (+ Tarantino has such a crazy style)

By the way, if you liked the action scenes, maybe you should check out Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises", another great brutal movie.

Agreed 10/10!!!

and Eastern Promises too 10/10, fucking awesome movie!!

any views on History of Violence??