Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

The Expendables:

If you are an action movie fan like me its 10/10.
If you are into "deep intellectual" films its a 2 / 10.

Blows away any action movie of the past 10 years.
I wanna see this so badly

Also I rented Operation Endgame from Redbox , with Zach Galyfuckinimpossibletospellname and Rob Corddry and many other comedy people. It was half serious action movie half comedy , it was actually very funny in parts , especially the violent death scenes

7/10

i once saw a really REALLY great movie on TV i think it was called "lost angels in manhatten" or something like that

it's about a homeless guy which is a bit crazy and his endeovers. really touching.

does anyone know the movie i'm talking about?

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - 10/10

Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke are really good and Albert Finney (as always) steals the show. Maria Tomei topless through 90% of the movie.

Seriously? It's a Disney movie starring Jake Gluesniffingandlyinginthehall about a video game series! How could they have screwed that up?

Jeff

They didn't. It's very good for what it is, and as a huge fan of the game series I really enjoyed it. Though I had hoped the "Farah falls with the dagger and the Prince grabs it by the blade and holds her up while blood is gushing from his hand" scene would have made it into the movie, but being Disney I assumed it wouldn't.

Dark Water (Japanese) 8/10. Very good, extremely atmospheric (if that's even a word) and quite scary at times. Kinda falls in the shadow of Ringu, since they are so similar, but holds it own quite well.

Dark Tales From Japan (anthology movie) 4/10. Decent, but I won't watch it again. I'd rather watch this stuff then anything Hollywood shat out in the late ninetees (Halloween H20, I know what you did last summer etc) since even the crappy Japanese movies seem to have decent acting and well written scripts.

I've also watched every last Friday The 13th movie during my vacation so I'll give those a review later on.

Event Horizon - 8/10 - cool premise for a sci-fi haunting movie.
Alice in Wonderland remake - 9/10 - I thought this was excellent. The visuals were really impressive.
Donnie Darko - 9/10 - awesome movie, and pretty original I thought.

The Royal Tenenbaums - 8/10 - Dark Comedy / Drama , enjoyable and touching at the same time.
The Black Book - 8/10 - WWII movie from a Dutch perspective. Includes - Cool action sequences, complex plot and, oh yeah, TITS!
Dogville - 8/10 - Very original movie; totally didn't expect this by von Trier. Great ending, yet keeps you thinking long after about moral issues.

Hot Rod - 10/10 I literally fucking fell out of my chair on multiple scenes. Especially the Danny Mcbride fight scene and when Rod explains how his Dad died.

THIS IS MY HAT NOW , THIS IS TOTALLY MY HAT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to see Hot Rod so bad!

Paranormal Entity - 4/10 - sucked so bad compared to Paranormal Activity
The Fourth Kind - 8/10 - really enjoyed it. very blair witch like. plus i love my aliens :)