Post your non-music hauls here

King of New York featuring Christopher fuckin' walken. I had to buy it because it says on the bottom, 'Where Scarface left off...King of New York begins' and I only paid 6 dollars so if it's not cool than I did not lose anything anyways.

Either this movie is pure badass awesomeness or it's terrible.

Had to have it.
Saved_By_The_Bell_SLATER-T.jpg

well,lately quite a bit.

-Mesa Road King Dual rectifier Head.
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-random guitar shite.

also just put an order on a Herbert. If it is better than my Road King, im a gonna trade 'em.

also, I would reccommend a Metal Zone to ANY guitarist. You can find much better sounding distortion boxes.

You mean you "wouldn't"? Name a few better ones within the same price range with the same amount of control. You can't, because they do not exist.

Also BOSS pedals are pretty much unbreakable (OK, I did break my MT-2...but not like apart, just loose input connection I'll get fixed one day) and the MT-2 is the backbone of the Sunlight Studios sound, which many guitarists and metal fans in general regularly masturbate at the altar of.

Metal Zone blows. I have one, if it wasn't free I wouldn't have taken it, it's more or less worthless except for just getting a lot of distortion going for shit like dive bombs and stuff.

I generally don't like using distortion pedals. I find that it usually sounds better just using the amp's built-in distortion with maybe a boost pedal.

The old school tube screamers sound beastly.
I need to get a decent amp. I still have a cheap vox combo. Problem is, no money.

As cheap as possible to get a decent one. I would look for used shit...thinking a 2x12 and a relatively small amp.
The Tiny Terror looks okay. My friend has one, I'm not a huge fan, but it would be relatively cheap...

I know, I've played the tiny terror.
It sounds okay, but I prefer a meatier sound. I really like the Marshal JCM, but it's fucking costly. My dream is to find a Fireball used...

I have a solid state Ampeg VH-140 C head from the early maybe middle 90's(fucking crushing) and the distortion is killer at low volume and than when cranked just sounds awful but does sound much better with a Dr. Distorto. I recently bought a metal zone and still have no used it yet(need to get my head). I'm trying to get a really cool thick sounding old school euro death metal style guitar tone. I think in terms of solid state heads would probably not find a better distortion tone and need alittle work on it.

Danelectro won't give you the hollow and very heavy sound of the MT-2. I suppose if you are set on just using your amp's gain for distortion that the pedals won't be a problem for you.

And yes, the MT-2 is one of the top distortions for noise, others include the DOD Death Metal and (imo) the Boss Heavy Metal (for vocals).