power metal?

Young Unknown said:
Its ok if you don't like it but when your constantly going in power metal threads calling it gay and saying whoever listens to it is gay then thats trying to fit in. if you don't like it just ignore it and pay no attention instead of useless arguments that you waste yours & everyone else's time on.

+1 <3<3<3

Power Metal first definition from Urbandictionary.

Power Metal is the description for today's "true heavy metal" sound. Power Metal bands are always guitar driven, with keyboards rarely making much of an appearance. The vocals are of the clean sounding variety, and usually feature very powerful, talented vocalists who can really reach the upper ranges of the vocal spectrum.

Generally, the songs are fast paced, and employ fantasy themes including (but not limited to) dragons, gladiators, warriors, valhalla, Lord of the Rings, polished steel weapons, and generally conceptual themes that deal with very "manly" concepts, at least in a historical sense. You will rarely find songs about love, sadness, or failure.

Power Metal is very uplifting, powerful music, that appeals to people who like to get inspiration from their tunes. Catchy, epic, and generally enjoyable as hell, Power Metal is a great genre that, regrettably, far too few people know about.

Angra, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Shaman, Kamelot, Dragonforce, Dark Moor, Demons and Wizards, Blind Guardian

A few of my favorites.

Dragonforce is good for scene metalheads (though I have to admit, I catch myself listening to them on the occasion). They are fun to listen to, but hardly to be taken seriously.

Demons and Wizards and Blind Gaurdian (who share the same vocalist) are both very good power metal bands. Kamelot is also extremly good, I have all of their CDs and I have quite a fond taste for them.