Powerfest overall review

So "capacity crowd" does not mean that the venue will make sure you actually get to see the stage?

That is correct. I was at the BLS show at the Pearl Room and it was SOLD OUT...there were 1,800 people there...and it was INSANE. I was backed up to the the back of the room and did NOT see the stage...but you know what...I was there.

If you are going to a show where you know it will be sold out or close to it, that is what you are going to have to expect. That is the same for any venue. Capacity means that no more bodies can fit within the main area (for the Pearl Room, upstairs and downstairs/main floor) without violating codes. Capacity means crammed in.

The venue doesn't have to make it so you see the show. You buy the tickets and you take the risk of seeing the stage or not. All the Pearl Room staff have to do is make sure you don't damage anything or break their rules. It is not up to them to make sure you see the stage. That is up to you....which means you get there early enough to get a decent spot or you fight your way through.

That is correct. I was at the BLS show at the Pearl Room and it was SOLD OUT...there were 1,800 people there...and it was INSANE. I was backed up to the the back of the room and did NOT see the stage...but you know what...I was there.

If you are going to a show where you know it will be sold out or close to it, that is what you are going to have to expect. That is the same for any venue. Capacity means that no more bodies can fit within the main area (for the Pearl Room, upstairs and downstairs/main floor) without violating codes. Capacity means crammed in.

The venue doesn't have to make it so you see the show. You buy the tickets and you take the risk of seeing the stage or not. All the Pearl Room staff have to do is make sure you don't damage anything or break their rules. It is not up to them to make sure you see the stage. That is up to you....which means you get there early enough to get a decent spot or you fight your way through.

Got it.
But then you have venues like The Tweeter that will sell you a ticket even if your seat is behind a beam and you can't see crap. It happened to me.

I understand a lack of tolerance of whiners and people who bitch constantly (several of whom are regulars on this board), but the initial post seemed to be well articulated and offered as constructive criticism.

I agree. Everyone has a voice and I would like to think is free to use it.
If everything is sent through PM's then this wouldn't be a discussion forum. I understand that things can get offensive at points, but the initial post wasn't a direct hit at CRJ, as far as I could tell.
-Not getting to meet the bands resulted from PR security kicking everyone out. And I understand that policy because the PR personel have a life and would like to go home as well.
-Only having one batroom = PR...unless Chris and Rob wanted to bring in Porto-Johns. Ewww!!!!!
-"Expensive" water - Agian...PR issue. But I really don't think $3 is bad at all. Shit....at Ozzfest or any big fest like that, you're paying at least $5.

So basically we are looking at issues stemming from the PR....which like Rich said, may be able to be changed by contacting the venue.
Join together, people! ;)

I think the Pearl Room is the perfect place for Powerfest.
It is the best place in the area for such an event and the positive definitely outweigh the negatives.
Who knows....if things keep getting better, maybe in a few years we'll be rockin' at someplace bigger. But for now, I am happy with the Pearl Room simply for the ambiance. ;)

So once again thanks to CRJ for an awesome Fest in 2008. I look forward to PF 2009!

Got it.
But then you have venues like The Tweeter that will sell you a ticket even if your seat is behind a beam and you can't see crap. It happened to me.

Yes, well, those are basically outdoor arenas and there are SOOOO many people there, and the concerts are so huge, even 100 pissed off people out of, what is it ...25,000?...noone gives a shit about. No offense...but you can imagine. They figure..."you bought the ticket...." There is a virtual seating chart available now....so you can at least see where your seat will be and your view of the stage (or nonview) before you buy the tickets for that venue.

I think the Pearl Room is the perfect place for Powerfest.
It is the best place in the area for such an event and the positive definitely outweigh the negatives.

Agreed.
For a "fest" like this (specially since it's 3 days) I couldn't think of a better location. If it was in some of the venues in the city it would be a lot more expensive than in Mokena for attendees.. $80 per night for a room at The Super 8 is ok, the only thing that hotel has in its favor is the location because otherwise it's a craphole.

I agree. Everyone has a voice and I would like to think is free to use it.
If everything is sent through PM's then this wouldn't be a discussion forum. QUOTE]

"If you want to offer a suggestion, feel free to email or PM us..."

This is straight from Rob's post. This is his, Chirs' and John's board. If this is how they want "suggestions" to be handled, then this request should be honored and respected...no questions asked.

I bet you were so glad to be at a show that you couldnt see. I dont think the review was aimed at CRJ's job of running the fest. Like Powermetalnerd said...this is a dicussion forum, we are here to discuss this type of things. Not everything is going to be great. People will post things that may upset some, it is the internet....grow up.

Punkin77, your lack of intellegence in you post just shows that you are just as equal in what you say, like the people who say negative stuff. I dont think I have ever read anything worthwhile in any of your post or you have added anything worth while to any discussion unless it is swearing in numetal slang.

I bet you were so glad to be at a show that you couldnt see. I dont think the review was aimed at CRJ's job of running the fest. Like Powermetalnerd said...this is a dicussion forum, we are here to discuss this type of things. Not everything is going to be great. People will post things that may upset some, it is the internet....grow up.

Punkin77, your lack of intellegence in you post just shows that you are just as equal in what you say, like the people who say negative stuff. I dont think I have ever read anything worthwhile in any of your post or you have added anything worth while to any discussion unless it is swearing in numetal slang.

See my previous post about what CRJ wants. You should be banned. I hope they do it.

See my previous post about what CRJ wants. You should be banned. I hope they do it.

this forum will die on its own then a slow death if there is just postive discussion and no one voiceing thier true opinions. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

this forum will die on its own then a slow death if there is just postive discussion and no one voiceing thier true opinions. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sorry to the be the bearer of bad news for you....but your opinion, or anyone else's on this forum, in the grand scheme of things...to be completely realistic...doesn't really matter.

These "discussions" don't matter. Decisions will be made and things will get done with our without your "opinions."

Sorry to the be the bearer of bad news for you....but your opinion, or anyone else's on this forum, in the grand scheme of things...to be completely realistic...doesn't really matter.

These "discussions" don't matter. Decisions will be made and things will get done with our without your "opinions."

it seems that the only person here causing trouble is you. Maybe you should get banned. I dont think I have ever seen a post by you that wasnt a direct attack on someone. you never add to anything like an opinion that isnt kissing up to Rob and Chris and John. I have been lurking here for months and you are one of the most troublesome people here. sorry.

I bet you were so glad to be at a show that you couldnt see.

BTW asshole, not that is matters anyway, but I was at that BLS show with Chris, helping to promote for Powerfest in '07.

So, in all honesty...it didn't fucking matter that I didn't see that show. I was there to do a job.

BTW asshole, not that is matters anyway, but I was at that BLS show with Chris, helping to promote for Powerfest in '07.

So, in all honesty...it didn't fucking matter that I didn't see that show. I was there to do a job.

again you prove your worth to the forum. it is funny how everyone is all bent out of shape about negative comments but you still continue with bad lanuguage and personal attacks on people. if anyone needs to be banned it is you.

On saturday night, the bathrooms under the stairs were opened to the public....it seemed like no one really knew because they were pretty empty....just FYI for anyone who goes back to the Pearl Room.....always check under the stairs....if it gets too crowded, I'm pretty sure they will open those washrooms up :)

it seems that the only person here causing trouble is you. Maybe you should get banned. I dont think I have ever seen a post by you that wasnt a direct attack on someone. you never add to anything like an opinion that isnt kissing up to Rob and Chris and John. I have been lurking here for months and you are one of the most troublesome people here. sorry.

I don't know who the hell you are and I really don't care...but I happen to be friends with all three of them and I don't like seeing them get frustrated because of a bunch of know-it-all assholes think they have the right to come in here and give bullshit opinions about a fest that they put all of their blood sweat and tears and, not to mention, their hard earned money into making this fest happen year after year.

They have asked that you NOT post negative comments about the fest or anything related to that and you and people like you continue to disrespect their request. I am calling you all cunts for it because that is what you are...a bunch of disrespectful cunts who don't know when to shut up and have some respect...ESPECIALLY when that is what they asked you to do!! How fucking ignorant and rude is that???!!!

The thing is, is that this forum has seen a lot more traffic in the past few days and in the past few months prior to the fest. There's a lot of people here now (either lurking or posting) that aren't regulars. While the bump in traffic is essentially a very good thing (and welcome!), some of you don't understand the issue at hand here. People that post or read this forum on a regular basis have seen the constant shit slinging that has gone on here regarding the lineups, etc. over a long course of time. Rob and Chris have taken a LOT of B.S. and have tried to constructively debate with naysayers several times. Though Velhero may be feeling extra wrath here, I completely agree with everything that Rob said in his post. Enough is enough. If the attendance alone this year didn't make you put your foot in your mouth, then you really just need to attend some other fest and keep the unrelenting negativity to yourself. There will always be plenty of other people to support CPF.

I won't be commenting on this subject again.

The thing is, is that this forum has seen a lot more traffic in the past few days and in the past few months prior to the fest. There's a lot of people here now (either lurking or posting) that aren't regulars. While the bump in traffic is essentially a very good thing (and welcome!), some of you don't understand the issue at hand here. People that post or read this forum on a regular basis have seen the constant shit slinging that has gone on here regarding the lineups, etc. over a long course of time. Rob and Chris have taken a LOT of B.S. and have tried to constructively debate with naysayers several times. Though Velhero may be feeling extra wrath here, I completely agree with everything that Rob said in his post. Enough is enough. If the attendance alone this year didn't make you put your foot in your mouth, then you really just need to attend some other fest and keep the unrelenting negativity to yourself. There will always be plenty of other people to support CPF.

EXACTLY. That is very well said.

the attendence wasnt for Powerfest...it was for Iced Earth and Testament....sorry.