Pro Tools 8

ive got by with 5 inserts for years!!
The most i use on a track is 3
if you need more than 5, your source material sucks.

BUT...
the option is nice

Lame...I finally bought the 7.4 upgrade on September 19th, but had I waited two more weeks and bought it after October 3rd, I would be eligible for a free upgrade to 8. Do you think if I talk to someone at Digidesign and complain, they will throw me the free upgrade? That seems incredibly ridiculous to make me pay $150 when I was so close to their pointless cutoff date...

Lame...I finally bought the 7.4 upgrade on September 19th, but had I waited two more weeks and bought it after October 3rd, I would be eligible for a free upgrade to 8. Do you think if I talk to someone at Digidesign and complain, they will throw me the free upgrade? That seems incredibly ridiculous to make me pay $150 when I was so close to their pointless cutoff date...

i bought mine on the 28th september..... anything i can do you rekon?

Ah ok. I was going to go from 7.3 to 7.4 for $49, then left it a few months and the price had jumped to $149 but included the free upgrade to 8 once it was released.

(this was written over the course of about 30 minutes...)

ok, so I just upgraded to 8...

some first initials... everything being round is really fucking with me...

i tried opening a recent session and for some reason the same amount of plugins is bogging down my comp, whereas before it wasn't... it was at around 50%... so that is a drag...

I'm starting to like the new design though...

we'll see how long my comp lasts... running multiple instances (5) of Miroslav doesn't seem to be liked anymore for some reason...

we'll see what more time yields...

edit: oh and my vst wrapper isn't working... anyone else in this boat?

Don't you worry everytime Digidesign released an update or a new version, Protools required more cpu to load/manage sessions, they won't never optimize this.

Yes, I fear this is beginning to turn out like windows... they've been stacking crap on top of the same old infrastructure since Windows 3.1... its like shoveling shit onto a shit pile...

I'm pretty much forced to downgrade back to 7.4 until I finish this project that I'm working on... which will likely be the end of January... sucks.

i tried opening a recent session and for some reason the same amount of plugins is bogging down my comp, whereas before it wasn't... it was at around 50%... so that is a drag...

I'm starting to like the new design though...

we'll see how long my comp lasts... running multiple instances (5) of Miroslav doesn't seem to be liked anymore for some reason...

edit: oh and my vst wrapper isn't working... anyone else in this boat?

Sessions are actually running more smoothly for me. CPU usage is down. Are you allowing time for the waveforms to be rendered in 16-bit the first time you open legacy sessions?

How much RAM do you have? I upgraded to 4 GB shortly before upgrading to PT8 and I noticed that PT performs much more reliably if you have more than 1 GB, especially when using VI's. PT loves RAM.

VST wrapper is working fine for me with the only VSTs I use: apTrigga and Stillwell stuff.

I am on a MacBook running OS X 10.5.6 BTW.

Sessions are actually running more smoothly for me. CPU usage is down. Are you allowing time for the waveforms to be rendered in 16-bit the first time you open legacy sessions?

How much RAM do you have? I upgraded to 4 GB shortly before upgrading to PT8 and I noticed that PT performs much more reliably if you have more than 1 GB, especially when using VI's. PT loves RAM.

VST wrapper is working fine for me with the only VSTs I use: apTrigga and Stillwell stuff.

I am on a MacBook running OS X 10.5.6 BTW.

For the most part, sessions seems to be running smoother... except for one... for some reason my S2.0 isn't working on it... spent about 10 minutes going over the routing and it just isn't getting the signal, and I do not know why...

I've got 4 gigs or ram in my comp...

I do let the waveforms render...

I'm on WinXP... never had any problems until now (Edit: that wasn't user error)... I figure once FXpansion fixes the vst wrapper, i'll be back in business, until then I can manage...